Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4/24/2016 9:30am Dream #2 Apple Tyme or Time Software Crash
I am in a barn like building, two story's and there are lofts right across the street from me. I am being told I have to update my software because Apple has pulled the plug on it's music player. (For some reason they are calling it Apply time, rather than itunes, so i believe this is happening in the future on a new apple music player.)

This software is represented by a large blue spinning arrow and the words "Tyme". The software works like a back up of all of your files, not just music. Intuit QuickBooks has contracted with Apple Tyme to store files, and when apple dumps apple tyme all of my business clients documents are gone. (I was trying to update the software and it removed everything!)

I get on the phone and I call Steve and he answers the phone and says, tyme was never complete, it never should have been used, but i have to ask you, you didnt back up your data anywhere else? Did you really have that much faith in my company?
I am so hot under the collar that I am now yelling DAMN IT JOBS! JOBS! JOBS! AAAUUUUGH!

I go back through the dream two more times, and in the other dreams i save the data in more than one place, but i realize the problem is QuickBooks, they build the features of their software around apple tyme, and without apple tyme their software wont work, and removes it's self as if it is being hacked! AUGH! SCOTT COOK! COOK! COOK!

Themes:
Apple (food) (software)
Tyme (food)
COOK (food)
Time (Software)
JOBS (Software)
The number 3
Crash (Software & Food)
Interesting indeed. I have seen the 'programmer-software' side of this dream, I think. I have seen a time (I perceive, not so far away), that the capitalistic model of overpriced, designed-for-obsolescence junk software actually ends; and that the open-source, GPL software is accepted by most (it's already here, but only about 15-percent of the world realizes it or uses it).

In this dream, the general population's disenfranchisement with constantly-failing commercial software that costs a week's salary or more, and a more equitable financial model is generally accepted by all as a result. I get the feeling that you saw this from the driving force of the consumer end of this scenario.
I wonder if this ties to all of the throw back dreams people are having. Something like this could cause worldwide havoc.

Actually it also connects with goldengirls dream today of old computer software. Sorry, I am not able to link you to the dream easily.
Google search for "Apple Time"

AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB - Apple
www.apple.com › Mac › Mac Accessories › Storage
Apple
Rating: 3.5 - ‎220 reviews - ‎$299.00 - ‎In stock
AirPort Time Capsule includes a 2TB or 3TB hard drive that works with Time ...

In the dream Apple time was data storage. I have never heard of Airport time capsule though, has anyone else?

Oh crap, I thought this was something in the future, it may not be so far off!
released on February 29, 2008
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AirPort_Time_Capsule

The AirPort Time Capsule (previously known as just Time Capsule) is a wireless router sold by Apple Inc., featuring network-attached storage (NAS) and a residential gateway router, and is one of Apple's AirPort products. They are, essentially, versions of the AirPort Extreme with an internal hard drive. Apple describes it as a "Backup Appliance", designed to work in tandem with the Time Machine backup software utility introduced in Mac OS X 10.5.[1]

Introduced on January 15, 2008 and released on February 29, 2008, the device has been upgraded several times, matching upgrades in the Extreme series routers. The earliest versions supported 802.11n wireless and came with a 500 GB hard drive in the base model, while the latest model as of 2015 features 802.11ac and a 3 TB hard drive.[2] All models include three Gigabit Ethernet ports and a single USB port. The USB port can be used for external peripheral devices to be shared over the network, such as external hard drives or printers. The NAS functionality utilizes a built-in "server grade" hard drive.
Reference to "time machine," and there has been discussion regarding time travel.
(04-27-2016, 11:24 AM)DLP Wrote: Reference to "time machine," and there has been discussion regarding time travel.

The dream was about a software collapse, are you saying this could do with CERN or time travel software failing?
I think your dream was rather immediately filled. The references are all about Apple, the technology company, crashing. And after they missed their earnings estimates and indicated soft growth on their iPhones, the stock is crashing. As the largest component of the DOW, that makes for a lot of money disappearing (Quickbooks being accounting software you get your money tie-in).
That is a wonderful thought MTB.
(04-29-2016, 12:06 AM)MTB_forums Wrote: I think your dream was rather immediately filled.  The references are all about Apple, the technology company, crashing.  And after they missed their earnings estimates and indicated soft growth on their iPhones, the stock is crashing.  As the largest component of the DOW, that makes for a lot of money disappearing (Quickbooks being accounting software you get your money tie-in).