Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midday Nap - You Wanted to Know
I was tired, and laid down for a short nap this afternoon. It wasn't long, before I was asleep.

I hear the simple phrase, 'you wanted to know', and then I see a giant swamp - as far as the eye could see. It was hot, muggy, misty, almost primordial. I look to the 'north' (feels like north), and see a city - but the city (through the overgrown spanish moss and hanging green vegetation) looks like it was hit with a nuclear weapon, or has been nearly destroyed by war. I can't see much of it, because of all the trees and vegetation. I am standing in a swamp, with shallow, very-clear water, mud, crickets and bugs making noise - and hear, 'they won't be here at this time'.

I feel like the city I see is Birmingham, Alabama, and I'm not sure why (I've never been there).

It was so overwhelming, so realistic, I felt like sweating! I then hear one more thing, 'look at the ground, it will shake first'.

So...I wake up (hard to sleep after that one), and find the USGS site. I look at their seismic events map, and found the '7-day historical events' map amazing - it shows a ring of earthquakes around the area I thought I saw in the 'on-the-ground' image. I grabbed a capture, marked it up, and put it up so that I could share the link:

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1464/2615...9ae2_z.jpg
Skeeter!

I live in the south.   Spanish moss only grows just so far north.  Birmingham is a mountain city!
There are mountains up to 1800 feet high surrounding the city.    No swamps.  The capital of Alabama, Montgumery, is just in the swamp and moss belt.   Anywheres south of that is in this area and by the way the swamp and moss area extends from east Texas to northeast North Carolina.  Over 1000 miles of jungles and swamps.     There are costal cites all along this belt.  Mobile, New Orleans, Charlestown, and where I live, tallahassee, Florida.   One could indeed stand in a swamp and look north to see my city.

Freestone
Skeeter, on the linked map, I assume the area within the red circle is what you are referring to. But what is the larger area marked with an orange line?
Iris, I marked that (quickly) because I keep feeling something about that line (not the Madrid Fault) was somehow related to the 'western limiter' to whatever event hit that central southern area which caused the 'swamp'.

Hard for me to address it much better, as I am in the border-area of the Desert Southwest...I can only go by what I saw and felt otherwise. Freestone, if I am understanding him correctly, is saying that Montgomery may be what I perceived to be Birmingham - but then again, as I looked north, I could see that all areas within a 500-mile radius were 'sunken', to the border of Kentucky...(as always, you seem to know more in dream-state than in waking time), so I can only write what I saw.

I get the impression this hits a MAJOR area of the land, roughly within that red area for sure, and a significant part of that orange circle is seriously affected by it, as well. It will NOT be a Madrid event mimicking the 1812 event, but something slightly eastward - and much more major.

By the way, regardless of mountains now, after this event, the place is flatter than Kansas. Mountains or none right now, it is ALL a depressed swamp. Something BIG is hidden beneath that land area, cavernous, and collapses, taking everything above down with it...so assuming that 'mountains there now' implies safety is a false security, I feel.
No insight, but I can tell you I was advised years ago to not travel east of the Mississippi River. I was told doing so would not be safe. No further explanation was offered.
Eek DLP! Although I've always known living in Florida can be risky business. At the very least, we're only one month away from Hurricane Season.