Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archiving Physical Journals
Hello, I'm seeking a place to accept and archive @ 185 dream journals. Books are mostly hand-written, contain @ 5,000 dreams, with illustrations, 1999-present. Otherwise my kids will toss them when I'm gone.
Jan, very big welcome to NDC. Are the dreams in the journals yours, only yours? or yours and those of others?

I hope you have dreams to currently contribute to this Grand Experiment. The more dreams contributed here and the souls we have that will post on the various threads, helping us analyze The Dream Bot Runs and each others' dreams, the bigger our accomplishments and discoveries become.

No need for shyness or starting slowly here, so far as posting. No turf wars here like at a lot of other forums. Just feel welcome to jump-in and share.
Welcome, Jan!

What an honor to be offered these dream journals! We are very interested in providing a repository for your journals. Have these journals been scanned into pdf's or some electronic medium? If so, it should be simple to bring them into a new thread for you. If they are still in hard-copy form, that's still okay, but I would probably seek help from my many professional affiliates to see whom best would be to receive those.

Again, such warm welcome to you, Jan!
If they are still in paper format, the documents can be mailed to me via USPS and I can scan and upload them.

(Another great use of the Dropbox)
(05-26-2016, 07:57 PM)Nanny Wrote: Jan, very big welcome to NDC. Are the dreams in the journals yours, only yours? or yours and those of others?

I hope you have dreams to currently contribute to this Grand Experiment. The more dreams contributed here and the souls we have that will post on the various threads, helping us analyze The Dream Bot Runs and each others' dreams, the bigger our accomplishments and discoveries become.

No need for shyness or starting slowly here, so far as posting. No turf wars here like at a lot of other forums. Just feel welcome to jump-in and share.  

Thanks for your warm welcome, Nanny. Yes, all the dreams in the journals are mine.

I'm indeed a newbie. Not shy, just S-L-O-W. I'll make mistakes. Navigating tech, understanding terms, even 'thread' is intimidating. Coincidentally, as I joined NDC a show I'm writing was accepted into Fringe Festival. So I'm overwhelmed AND out of my league.

My initial goal was and still is finding a home for my dream journals. This show/concept is a temporary detour.

(05-26-2016, 08:15 PM)Eagle1 Wrote: Welcome, Jan!

What an honor to be offered these dream journals! We are very interested in providing a repository for your journals. Have these journals been scanned into pdf's or some electronic medium? If so, it should be simple to bring them into a new thread for you. If they are still in hard-copy form, that's still okay, but I would probably seek help from my many professional affiliates to see whom best would be to receive those.
Sincere thanks, Eagle1. Your offer to provide a repository for my 180+journals comes as a huge relief! They are NOT scanned. They exist in hard copy format. I hope that's not a hurdle to my goal of finding them a home.

I'm indeed a newbie. I'll make mistakes. Thank you for your patience. Navigating technology, understanding terms, even 'thread' is intimidating. Coincidentally, just when I joined NDC a show I'm writing was accepted into Fringe Festival. So I'm overwhelmed AND out of my league. 

This show/concept is a temporary detour.
Jan, that is sooo cool that you have so many of your dreams! It sounds like the boss/Eagle1 is ready to give them as well as you a "home" here, WOOHOO.

Gal, I remember how I felt when first joining this place. Fascinated, curious and yet intimidated by the terminology that was new to me, yes. "Thread" is just a term for this set of posts that you started and we're chatting back and forth on. It's a subject-thread of our writings to each other.

I hope you will want to and be able to frequent this place because just like our babies become familiar with our language and pick it up naturally, you will also here.

Mistakes? I'm a circus of them. Typos? oh heck, I do them and I abuse commas. Heck, I'm Texan and when I pause, a comma serves me well so the reader hopefully reads it as I "said it" in my mind.

I hope you feel relaxed here and enjoy yourself. Every person that does is a blessing to this grand experiment and I hope is blessed here. We encourage each other, make each other laugh, pray for and hope for each other....no, not saying one must pray....whatever one does per their own beliefs to try and help another from afar as well as up-close, we do that. Oh yeah, we're a great community of respecting each others' differences and being ourselves.

Guess you noticed by now that I'm a people-person and a mouthy thing. I write by "thinking into the keyboard" and well, thankfully its all in the written medium and any that wish can just skip over it, LOL.

*Congratulations* on the acceptance of your show! Sounds like you've got a "full plate" at this time. I hope NDC becomes an outlet for you to relax and enjoy yourself.

Jan, Welcome to the NDC! Congrats on your show too!

And as Nanny has said, do not be intimidated by any of it! We have all been lurkers at some point, and then waded in, and then found what we were called for. Because I do think everything happens for a reason, and you were meant to be here with us. We're a big, happy family of folks who have a love for the "Grand Experiment" and feel it's importance.

It's obvious you do too, keeping those journals and being so faithful to them.

I like to point out from time to time that there is so much to participate in here too. Dreams, Botrun interpretation, researching topics that might have a botrun connection, the precognitive and intention groups, providing insight into the dreams through concepts, religious connections, prophecy.....I could go on all day hahaha!!!

But seriously, don't be too cautious, we are GLAD you're here!

Oh, and there is a section called Exceptional Human Experiences that has all sorts of well, exceptional stuff in it. And if you have a dream that you want to be kept private and only share with a small group of folks, there's that too. And help for nightmares, etc, if you need it. Whew! (And I know I've left something out..... Big Grin. )