Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vision Questing
Exclamation 
What is the best way to find out more about my vision of the room, and to find out what my dad has been trying to tell me via my dreams?

http://nationaldreamcenter.com/forum18/T...ght=Vision

http://nationaldreamcenter.com/forum18/T...hlight=Dad

I know, kind of two different topics, but somehow I don't think so.

And how do I vet the information that comes in? How will I know it to be true and not just my subconscious?

Thanks in advance!  Big Grin
excellent question.
Goodness. Whole books have been written and classes are offered on these topics so it would be quite difficult to narrow down an answer to a quick posting. Plus, it's not something that could be taught in a quick posting. It takes time and practice, especially if you've never journeyed before.

I suggest you start with Sandra Ingerman's teachings on journeying. Denise Linn also has books on vision quests and interpreting messages. Robert Moss has a slew of books dealing with dreaming.

Here's a good one to start: https://www.amazon.com/Shamanic-Journeyi...a+ingerman
Thanks for suggestions D. I did attempt to get some vision clarity last night and will post the dream later when I'm not on my phone. ARGHHHH.
Yeah, I dislike having to use my phone to post. Takes longer and what can be easily done on my laptop in seconds takes jumping through multiple hoops and much effort on my phone.
GG, I have a lot of 'visions' (some I disclose on NDC), but I've always truly wondered about those who can 'vision quest' and get real answers.

I have VERY RARELY been able to 'originate a quest to find a truth'. Mine are purely 'given', not 'sought'. While in a dream, a vision, sometimes I have the rare opportunity to ask a tangent question that MIGHT get answered, but even that is quite rare. For me, it's more like being strapped down in a chair, and force-fed a movie that has direct 'sensory input' on occasion. I don't get to pick the movie, I don't get to pick the volume level, the level of graphics, the level of violence; and usually I can't even leave until it's over. The nights I have 'all-night-movie-night' are usually terrible, too. We won't even talk about not being given access to the remote control, either. Nope, so on those nights I get stuck on 'infomercials' or 'evil-101', I just have to watch...dream-eyes taped wide open. (Hollywood would pay billions to see some of the things I have, I am sure - again, shame I'm not an artist).

From my perspective, then, I would have to warn anyone - CAREFUL of vision questing for actual truth. You may see things, you might see some truth, but from what I've personally experienced, nothing useful comes out of trying to 'plan and take a trip of your own design', for you don't know who guides such events, while in my own experience, there is a certain 'soul-aura' that comes with 'forced on me visions' that instantly tells me whether they are from 'good or bad' forces. I can see all the kittens and puppies you would ever care to see, but if I feel like I'm wrapped in a dirty molded blanket that smells of rot while I see the kittens and puppies, I know instantly that this is from a very bad source - escape if I can, ignore if I can't.

On the couple of times I've tried to actively 'seek an answer', I did not have that sense of 'good or bad' starting out, and it always ended with horrible things worse than any 'involuntarily sent'.

Hope this helps you some...
Thanks for adding to this thread Skeeter. Maybe what I am trying to do could be dangerous, but I am attempting to find out why my team and my dad are being so insistent. If I'm not getting it through the dreams and visions, maybe it's time to seek the truth.

This is what I got last night:

http://nationaldreamcenter.com/forum18/T...-is-Hidden

Unfortunately, this ties in with your and Windy's dream/vision of a water catastrophe. And I guess this is why I'm trying to determine whether it's my own evil brain having one over on me, or if it's a real answer to my question.
I've been journeying for years-I love to journey. I never know what's going to happen-and yes, there is a risk that you might get more than you expected. I've been in some places that are not for the faint of heart and a couple times I've had to be pulled out of a situation when I got hijacked and ended up somewhere I didn't intend to go. Sometimes traps are set and baited with information to draw a person in and you don't realize it until the trap snaps shut.

That said, I don't hesitate to journey if the need arises because journeying is part of being a messenger(and I do enjoy it). HOWEVER, I'm cautious, far more cautious than when I first started bopping about the ether because I've learned many lessons after barging into places without thinking ahead.

If I had to give any sort of warning, it would be this: Understand that when you journey, you're leaving an energy trail that can be tracked back should something take an interest in you. Depending on the situation, that could be either desired or not so desired. If not so desired, weigh the risks vs. benefits of that particular journey. If the risks outweigh the benefits-you're just satisfying your curiosity-don't journey. There are other ways to get answers without hiking all over the ether to get them.

I don't fear anything that's out there but I do respect those anythings. As the years have passed, I've learned how to protect and shield myself plus how to make my energy signature as faint as possible. I'm not nearly as impetuous as I was when I first started journeying, much to the relief of my team and my protectors, and no one's had to pull my ass out of a fire(both figurative and literal) in quite a while, again, much to the relief of my team and my protectors. Big Grin

As for knowing what you get is true or not, this is where your empathic skills come into play. One of the best ways to lie is to instill grains of truth in the lie, and believe me when I say there are beings/energies out there who would make politicians and used car salesmen look like rank beginners in the lying dept. Those beings/energies can read humans like an open book and know exactly what to say to get what they want from us. They will tell you what you want to hear mixed in with the lies. Learn to listen to your gut, to what your intuition is telling you. Learn to hear and feel the lies, no matter how pretty and decorated they are. Empaths are natural lie detectors. We always know when someone is lying because we feel it(we just don't know WHAT they're lying about). Use that gift to your advantage. Check in with your higher self, see what it has to say. It will never lie to you. Be in tune with your team, they'll have your back and will tell you if what you're getting is true or you're just telling yourself what you want to hear.

Bottom line here is trust your team, your higher self, and have a healthy dose of skepticism for anyone/anything else. Oh, and my broken record mantra of do your own healing, yadda, yadda...
Thanks so much for such a thorough answer. I'm entirely convinced it's my team showing me the visions, because there's not a whiff of anything being prettied up for my consumption. Just a forward positive look. That coupled with my dad trying to get thru to me that I'm strong as well, it feels like truth to me.

What bothers me is why I would need that. It doesn't seem good. And it's being hidden from me for now.
"Good" and "bad" are judgments and very subjective. Events are just events, neither good nor bad, until we choose to slap a judgment on them.

If you want to change your reality, change the way you think about things. Instead of going into this with a feeling of dread that something "bad" might happen, choose to see it as the perfect thing you need to learn at this point in time to be able to move farther on your path. Maybe it won't be fun-which is also a judgment-but it will be exactly what you need.

I often grouse that I wish the PTB and the universe would just give me the damned message, straight up and without any of this cryptic crap. But if they did that, it would affect my free will and my decisions. So I'm given enough information to get me going and then it's up to me to figure out what I'm being told. Funny thing is, the messages often have more than one meaning and work for multiple scenarios and I learn quite a bit, more than if I'd been given one straight up message.

Yes, I acknowledge this fact. I do, however, reserve the right to keep muttering about the lack of clarity. Big Grin
Cryptic crap, eh?! I learn the best phrases from you! Big Grin (to be filed away with squicky, and damn skippy *sshat)

You, of course, are right about perspective and subjectivity. Still learning not to be so damn absorbent with others, as it still colors my world. But less and less, the more I travel along this path! And of course the more I can workout those muscles ahead of time, the better I'll be able to experience whatever is coming my way. (I was going to say "weather whatever is coming my way" but that's a negative opinion. Experience is much better!)