Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evangelist Dream, 7/10/16, am
Had a dream this morning about Evangelist Donnie Swaggart getting arrested. I was standing in a crowd of people trying to make my way toward him. I caught his eye and was yelling to him, I need to speak with you, I have something to tell you. He was being handcuffed and led out of the room. I said, I will write you in prison and he said, yes please do. There was a lot of commotion and people around him so it was difficult to have a conversation. The dream ended with my thinking about how I was going to communicate with him while he was in prison.

Afterthoughts: I don't remember why he was going to prison and what I had to tell him.
When I woke from that dream, I immediatly saw John 11:16 which says "Then Thomas, who is called the Twin, said to his fellow disciples, “Let us also go, that we may die with Him.”

A Commentary says: It has been much doubted by critics whether the word him refers to Lazarus or to Jesus. They who refer it to Lazarus suppose this to be the meaning: "Let us go and die, for what have we to hope for if Jesus returns into Judea? Lately they attempted to stone him, and now they will put him to death, and we also, like Lazarus, shall be dead." This expression, is supposed to be added by John to show the slowness with which Thomas believed, and his readiness to doubt without the fullest evidence. See John 20:25. Others suppose, probably more correctly, that it refers to Jesus: "He is about to throw himself into danger. The Jews lately sought his life, and will again. They will put him to death. But let us not forsake him. Let us attend him and die with him." It may be remarked that this, not less than the other mode of interpretation, expresses the doubts of Thomas about the miracle which Jesus was about to work.