Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My sister and her seal
24 August 2016

I'm in a house I don't recognize. It needs work and it definitely needs a good cleaning. I'm wandering throughout the house, wondering why I'm there and who owns the house. I don't see any other people in the house but I know others are there because I hear talking in the distance and the sounds of people moving around. I enter a room that looks like a small living room/parlor. It's furnished in what looks like thrift shop cast-offs and it's kind of gloomy. What really gets my attention, though, is the huge seal plopped in the middle of the floor. It's lying on its side, scratching itself with a flipper. Somehow I know this is my sister's pet seal and I wonder why she let it into the house. Was this her house?

Suddenly the seal flops down and starts to charge at me. It's making a weird noise, almost like it's growling, and it's moving faster than one might imagine a huge seal to be able to move as it galumphs towards me. I don't run-prey runs and I'm not prey, is my thought-but I back quickly out of the room. There's a door to the room and I slam it shut just as the seal hits it from the other side. I hope the door holds. There's a slide lock, like you see on gates, and I lock the door closed. Then I hustle back to what I know is my room. I lock the door from the inside and start planning how I'm going to get out of the house before the seal gets loose and comes after me again.

There's an old black landline phone on the night stand next to my bed. It rings as I'm stuffing belongings into a backpack. I hesitate to answer but it keeps ringing and I know whoever is calling will continue to let it ring until I answer. So I pick up the handset and put it to my ear but don't say anything. It's my sister and she's angry that I locked her seal in the living room. She demands to know where I get off doing such a thing. It seems like a smart thing to keep quiet so I don't reply. Her voice changes and becomes cold. Calculating. Very unlike her normal voice. She tells me she's had enough of my interfering and she was going to let her seal deal with me. I hear the sound of the seal galumphing down the hallway in my direction. I hear it making that weird noise again. My sister laughs, a sort of Snidely Whiplash type laugh, and jeers that I won't be able to get away from the seal this time. I heave the phone through the window. It crashes through the glass. I pick up my backpack and use it to break out the rest of the glass. Then I toss it through the window. As the seal hits my door, I dive through the window. I woke up at that point.

Note: My sister is a lovely person and she owns cats, not a seal. Just in case anyone was wondering if this was a sibling thing.  Big Grin

Lots of subtext and messages in this dream that I didn't realize until I typed it in.

There's always a way out in dreams. Always. It's just a matter of finding it...or making it.
If nothing else, I think you should write TV or movie scripts. This one I would definitely watch!

(Usually the old style phones never work for me in dreams. You know, the dial spins mercilessly and I can't get a call off. I put them in the same category as the school locker with the damn spinney locks that never work right).
DLP, do you need to "seal the deal" on something by any chance? It is just a thought.
(08-25-2016, 06:54 PM)twiceblessed9 Wrote: DLP, do you need to "seal the deal" on something by any chance? It is just a thought.

Not that I can think of off the top of my head.

The only seal I could think of at the time was the reference to the seals in the book of Revelations.
But really you said the seal was your sister's. And she was acting out of character. Maybe it has to do with some stressful situation she could be in.
(08-25-2016, 09:56 PM)Goldengirl Wrote: But really you said the seal was your sister's. And she was acting out of character. Maybe it has to do with some stressful situation she could be in.

Hmm. Hadn't thought of that. We don't have much contact-mine is not a close family, for good reasons-but I know she's had a very sick cat for the last couple weeks.
It's possible that you were picking up on that. Maybe you aren't close but that family connection is there. And under stress she could be a strong sender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk