Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I'm sitting here...
And I smell cigarette smoke. It comes and goes and even though I detest cigarette smoke, I'm smiling.

I had a friend who was a heavy smoker. He died in 2005. Since then, every time I smell cigarette smoke, I know he's around, checking up on me.

Hi, Joe. I miss you. Heart

Anyone else get whiffs of scents that tell you someone is around?
I've been thinking about this. I don't normally associate smells with anyone in particular. But I realized the other day that my mom sends me messages with small gifts. Before she passed she gave me a number of pieces of jewelry. And then when she did pass, my SIL gave me a number of items, one of which was a baggie of earrings. (Not her style, she didn't want to mate them all up, enough said there.)

Anyway, every so often, when I'm feeling down, I will run across something in the mom jewelry stash that I swear I didn't see before. Sometimes it will even be earrings that I know she didn't buy for herself, they must've been for me. Not too long ago it was a bracelet with pink swirly colored beads. I love bracelets, so I am confused about how I missed this one. But when I think about it, not really confused at all.

Thanks Mom! Big Grin
Yes, sometimes I will pick up on a scent and instantly connect it with someone who has passed on. When I smell clean clear exotic scents I think of Angels. Angel