Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Terrible Drink
20171008-Dream-The Terrible Drink

President Trump comes into my bar for a drink. He asks for a “4-way.” I am horrified. I try to talk him out of it, but he makes me mix the terrible drink for him. I stir and stir the 4 ingredients, but they will not mix. They settle into 4 layers in the conical martini glass. Each layer is associated with a song.

The very bottom layer plays “It’s a small world after all” from the 1965 World’s Fair.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJFGAX77zw4

The next layer up is John Hiatt’s “Have a little faith in me.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aYxMuLb3h8

The next layer up is Paul McCartney’s “Live and let die.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=784k3EEuZYA

The top layer is a discordant melody that I can’t make out, “Oil and Water” might be a name for it, and it is full of conflict/war. Not sure if it is a real anthem or just in the dream.

Rodney King is there, trying to help me talk Trump out of drinking it. Over and over, he pleads with Trump, “Can’t we all just get along?”

While I am mixing the drink, uniformed military police in helmets are recording me, trying to talk the president out of drinking it. They are smiling, and they plan to arrest me.

President Trump is smiling too as he picks up the glass to drink. As he does this, I realize that Trump will drink the terrible drink from top to bottom. The drink is terrible indeed, but it is about the future, not only the present and past. He will drink the bottom layer last, and that last layer means hope.

Comments:
In this one, Trump seems symbolic for the United States. We’re in for a terrible time. Pouring the drink in its 4 layers is the process by which we got here. Top layer = civil war between factions that cannot mix, like oil and water. Next layer, death—because we abandoned ‘live and let live.’ It is made to seem glamorous, like a James Bond movie, but it is death. Next layer, reconciliation. Final layer, “Its a small world after all.”= figuratively, we all have a lot in common, but also literally, many fewer people,and maybe with fewer/simpler options. That’s where we end up.

Lots of apocalyptic imagery. In Revelation to John and the Book of Daniel if I remember rightly, drinking cups like this one are symbolic of the wrath of God. "4" is the number of Man.
I usually associate "5" with Man. I had an early dream of wanting to be an adept. I was given a question to answer, and the answer was "4". Jungian interpretation of "4" is individuation, wholeness, completion - becoming who we are. So maybe this is the individuation of Trump?
(10-13-2017, 02:49 PM)Maat Wrote: I usually associate "5" with Man.  I had an early dream of wanting to be an adept.  I was given a question to answer, and the answer was "4".  Jungian interpretation of "4" is individuation, wholeness, completion - becoming who we are.  So maybe this is the individuation of Trump?

Hi Maat,
It would be awesome to think that Trump would be getting to "individuation, wholeness, and completion--becoming who [he is]! Hmmm. When I started typing, I was thinking of him transforming into a Kind and Wise Donald Trump. But what if the "who [he is]" part is the opposite of Kind and Wise? It seems possible to go to 'individuation, wholeness and completion' in an unfavorable direction as well. We will hope for the best!

I will have to look into the Jungian significance of numbers-- From my background, "2" was new beginnings, "3" was deity, "4" was man, 3 x 4 = 12 deity and man in harmony, 3+4 = 7 God working with man / man working with God, "13" danger/change/instability.