Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So THIS happened tonight! Still in awe!
You know that moment in that SCI FI movie when "THE EVENT" happens in the sky?
The family driving in their car stares out of their windshield, the neighbors gather on the street and stare into the sky with mouths open. All watching as the most incredible lights streak across the sky.
Yea, well that happened tonight. We were the family in the car. We were just leaving our house, still on our street when we saw something which left everyone around dumbfounded. I actually stopped the car in the middle of our cul-de-sac, lights on, and we all got out to stare, car doors open. We were in the middle the cul-de-sac, staring, calling to our neighbors ( working in their garage) over to watch with us. Most of us were filming or taking photos. Next thing you knew, 4 different drones took off to capture the event from somewhere in the neighborhood too.
I can not explain what it felt like to watch this happen in real time. The most incredible thing I have ever witnessed in the night sky. Even knowing what is is now does not lessen the impact.
Notes to self:
1). Yes, people will stop their car and step out with doors open to watch an "event". It isn't just a movie thing.
2). Drones. I have know Idea how fast those people were able to get them in the air, but they did.
3). IF you are going to experience an "event" it is really cool to do it with your whole family. Unbelievably cool.
4). You know you have a cool 80 year mom when your husband phones her to say " hey, we are going to be a little late for dinner because we are...well.. watching a 'UFO' right now" and she says, "cool, no problem and understand you said UFO"
5). Yes, it is ok to say UFO because it WAS unidentified, until it wasn't. I am not saying I thought it was an alien event, I am say we didn't know WHAT the heck we were seeing. We knew it wasn't a simply a missile.

https://www.abc15.com/news/state/see-tho...rizona-sky
That must have been cooler than cool to experience. I could feel your emotion when reading it. Big Grin
It was really cool!
(12-23-2017, 01:34 PM)Cassandra Wrote: That must have been cooler than cool to experience. I could feel your emotion when reading it.  Big Grin