Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curses ?
So would lifting the curse from someone, in this case the Irish lady, then lift it from the children she may have already had? How about future children?
And do you consider a curse the opposite of a blessing? I would think they are not opposites.
(03-05-2018, 03:15 PM)ThePaladin Wrote: Needed to get on my laptop for this part...

Thinking ill of someone isn't a curse. Not by a long shot. Sure, focused intent may cause problems but it's more likely to cause problems for the person thinking or wishing ill on another. Cursing someone is more than just saying "Damn you to hell!" or some such thing, although saying such a thing will have repercussions and there will be karma to pay for saying such a thing(Words have power, after all).

Actually cursing someone is a process, something done with intent and action. Something has to be set in motion and a duration must be set. It's almost a ritual, or can be a ritual, and it is nothing to screw around with because if the curse is cast carelessly or improperly, there could be massive blowback to the caster(which, IMO, they might deserve for being stupid enough to cast a curse).

First time I ever came across a person carrying a curse, I was examining the energy field of a young Irish woman who had come to me for some assistance. When I reached the energy over her heart, I had the distinct impression of a metal stake driven deep into her heart. I asked her what was up with her heart and she said, "Oh, that's the family curse." She explained how many generations ago, an ancestor had wronged someone, who subsequently cursed the ancestor and all the ancestor's offspring, apparently forever since it had been hundreds of years since the curse was laid. As a result of the curse, every family member since then had died young of cardiac problems and she didn't expect to live to 40(Which was a surprise to her husband, who didn't know about the family curse). She asked if I could do anything about the curse. As I said, it was the first time I'd ever seen such a thing so I asked for guidance and the lineage I work with told me exactly what I needed to do to unwind the curse. It took a while but the lineage worked through me to get the job done.

Personally, I don't think you cursed anyone, Cassandra. What I do think is perhaps you had expectations of how the people were and then learned something that went against those expectations, which has now colored your opinion of them. Nothing more than that. We all tend to have expectations of how other people should behave or be, regardless of if that's really how they behave or are, and when they do something that goes against those expectations, we're either disappointed or feel betrayed by them without realizing they were just being who they are and it was our expectations that were the problem.

Messages In This Thread
Curses ? - by Cassandra - 03-04-2018, 09:02 AM
RE: Curses ? - by ThePaladin - 03-04-2018, 06:56 PM
RE: Curses ? - by Cassandra - 03-04-2018, 07:15 PM
RE: Curses ? - by Goldengirl - 03-05-2018, 12:58 PM
RE: Curses ? - by ThePaladin - 03-05-2018, 02:07 PM
RE: Curses ? - by ThePaladin - 03-05-2018, 03:15 PM
RE: Curses ? - by twiceblessed9 - 03-05-2018, 05:41 PM
RE: Curses ? - by Cassandra - 03-05-2018, 05:37 PM
RE: Curses ? - by Goldengirl - 03-05-2018, 06:28 PM
RE: Curses ? - by ThePaladin - 03-05-2018, 06:30 PM
RE: Curses ? - by Cassandra - 03-06-2018, 05:10 PM