Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curses ?
Do you all believe in curses? I don't so I'm trying to figure out what this is. When I say "I like or love ______" something will happen to put a negative vibe to it. And if I say something is going well and I am happy about _____. Usually 3 days of my making the statement.

Example: the other day at work I told someone how much I like working with 2 people from another department. Two days later something happened that put a negative light on these two people. Without going into details, I'll just say I no longer see them in a positive light. It's going to take effort on my part to feel anything positive toward them.

Any thoughts? This happens too often to be coincidence.
If you believe in blessings, you better believe in curses. It's all about balance. Light/dark, male/female, etc. To have one, there will be the other. It's the way of things, whether we like that way or not.

Personally, yes, I believe in curses.
Thank you. When I read your reply i heard it loud and clear, like you were sitting on the same room with me. Big Grin
While I agree with DLP, I also don’t believe that you liking someone cursed them somehow. After all, they’re in charge of their own destiny. I think it’s the TPTB saying, “Hey Cassandra, not so fast. Here’s something you should know”.

With me it’s very often the other way around. I’ll meet someone and get an instant dislike that has no current bearing in facts. Later on, I’ll find out why I was right.
Heh-I was answering the question asked. Didn't even register what went before so I didn't even interpret or assume what was being asked. I just passed on the message as it was given to me. Big Grin
Needed to get on my laptop for this part...

Thinking ill of someone isn't a curse. Not by a long shot. Sure, focused intent may cause problems but it's more likely to cause problems for the person thinking or wishing ill on another. Cursing someone is more than just saying "Damn you to hell!" or some such thing, although saying such a thing will have repercussions and there will be karma to pay for saying such a thing(Words have power, after all).

Actually cursing someone is a process, something done with intent and action. Something has to be set in motion and a duration must be set. It's almost a ritual, or can be a ritual, and it is nothing to screw around with because if the curse is cast carelessly or improperly, there could be massive blowback to the caster(which, IMO, they might deserve for being stupid enough to cast a curse).

First time I ever came across a person carrying a curse, I was examining the energy field of a young Irish woman who had come to me for some assistance. When I reached the energy over her heart, I had the distinct impression of a metal stake driven deep into her heart. I asked her what was up with her heart and she said, "Oh, that's the family curse." She explained how many generations ago, an ancestor had wronged someone, who subsequently cursed the ancestor and all the ancestor's offspring, apparently forever since it had been hundreds of years since the curse was laid. As a result of the curse, every family member since then had died young of cardiac problems and she didn't expect to live to 40(Which was a surprise to her husband, who didn't know about the family curse). She asked if I could do anything about the curse. As I said, it was the first time I'd ever seen such a thing so I asked for guidance and the lineage I work with told me exactly what I needed to do to unwind the curse. It took a while but the lineage worked through me to get the job done.

Personally, I don't think you cursed anyone, Cassandra. What I do think is perhaps you had expectations of how the people were and then learned something that went against those expectations, which has now colored your opinion of them. Nothing more than that. We all tend to have expectations of how other people should behave or be, regardless of if that's really how they behave or are, and when they do something that goes against those expectations, we're either disappointed or feel betrayed by them without realizing they were just being who they are and it was our expectations that were the problem.
Okay, think maybe should have written this on a computer and not my phone. Big Grin I don't think I cursed anyone. I am wondering if someone put a curse on me. Here are a couple of examples. I have more, but don't have time to list them. Maybe I should start keeping a list and see if there are any similarities.

Example: I made a comment to someone that I think Jane is nice to work with, within 3 days, Jane act in a very negative way toward me. This shocked me because she had alsays been pleasant to work with.

Example: In December I told someone how happy I am that no pipes froze and broke under my house. Then within 3 days I had 4 pipe breaks.
So would lifting the curse from someone, in this case the Irish lady, then lift it from the children she may have already had? How about future children?
And do you consider a curse the opposite of a blessing? I would think they are not opposites.
(03-05-2018, 03:15 PM)ThePaladin Wrote: Needed to get on my laptop for this part...

Thinking ill of someone isn't a curse. Not by a long shot. Sure, focused intent may cause problems but it's more likely to cause problems for the person thinking or wishing ill on another. Cursing someone is more than just saying "Damn you to hell!" or some such thing, although saying such a thing will have repercussions and there will be karma to pay for saying such a thing(Words have power, after all).

Actually cursing someone is a process, something done with intent and action. Something has to be set in motion and a duration must be set. It's almost a ritual, or can be a ritual, and it is nothing to screw around with because if the curse is cast carelessly or improperly, there could be massive blowback to the caster(which, IMO, they might deserve for being stupid enough to cast a curse).

First time I ever came across a person carrying a curse, I was examining the energy field of a young Irish woman who had come to me for some assistance. When I reached the energy over her heart, I had the distinct impression of a metal stake driven deep into her heart. I asked her what was up with her heart and she said, "Oh, that's the family curse." She explained how many generations ago, an ancestor had wronged someone, who subsequently cursed the ancestor and all the ancestor's offspring, apparently forever since it had been hundreds of years since the curse was laid. As a result of the curse, every family member since then had died young of cardiac problems and she didn't expect to live to 40(Which was a surprise to her husband, who didn't know about the family curse). She asked if I could do anything about the curse. As I said, it was the first time I'd ever seen such a thing so I asked for guidance and the lineage I work with told me exactly what I needed to do to unwind the curse. It took a while but the lineage worked through me to get the job done.

Personally, I don't think you cursed anyone, Cassandra. What I do think is perhaps you had expectations of how the people were and then learned something that went against those expectations, which has now colored your opinion of them. Nothing more than that. We all tend to have expectations of how other people should behave or be, regardless of if that's really how they behave or are, and when they do something that goes against those expectations, we're either disappointed or feel betrayed by them without realizing they were just being who they are and it was our expectations that were the problem.
This is such an interesting thread! But I still wouldn’t think someone put a curse on you.

I agree that person probably just didn’t live up to your expectations. And the frozen/broken pipes could be a bit of precognition that you didn’t recognize. Now, if the burst pipes happened in July, that would be weird. But December? Not so much. The timing says something interesting, and I’m voting on a little precognition.

And in regards to Twice’s comment, you could say that it’s all a matter of intent. Forcefully altering reality is just power, until you examine the intent behind it.
Quote:So would lifting the curse from someone, in this case the Irish lady, then lift it from the children she may have already had? How about future children?
And do you consider a curse the opposite of a blessing? I would think they are not opposites.

She hadn't had any children as of when the lineage unwound the curse but the way I understood what the lineage told me is yes, any offspring born to her-and to anyone in her family, because unwinding the curse from one unwound it from all-would be free from the curse. Any cardiac issues that arose would be on them.

Blessings come from a state of love. Curses come from a state of anger/fear. Fear is the opposite of love, not hate. Hate is simply anger which is acted upon and anger is a state of fear. So yeah, I see curses and blessings as opposites.
Thank you all for your comments on this subject.  Love reading your comments.  I know I said I don't believe in curses, that's because I really do not WANT to believe in them.

Suppose I sometimes think about a story my Grandmother told me once about her Grandmother.  She said her grandmother owned a plantation and was mean to the workers and treated them like they were still slaves.  If one of them did something wrong she would cut their skin and put red pepper on it for a punishment.  Makes my Spirit get all upset and nauseated just writing here. I cannot even begin to imagine how horrible that must have been. And what kind of an evil spirited person would do that to another living being is beyond my comprehension.

So I am thinking that maybe one of those workers/ex-slaves put a voodoo on my Great-Grandmother and her lineage.  My Grandmother had 12 siblings and they all married and had multiple children. My Grandmother and her 12 siblings all lost either a son or a grandson and sometimes both to a early death that was considered accidental.  

I seem to remember stories that no one else in the family remembers. I tried to talk to family members about this and no one wants to talk about. The reaction I received was oh, curses are nonsense.
Yet another weird thing happened that I wanted to document here. This past Monday the 5th, I received a gift for a project I worked on. After work was talking with a relative of mine and she asked how my Monday went. I said I was super busy and that was ok because I received an unexpected gift at work. And I said how surprised and happy I was about it. As soon as those words left my mouth, I thought oh noooooo. I immediately thought, jeeze I hope nothing negative happens at work. Well today, at the end of the day, had a verbal altercation with a coworker. I was very surprised by her behavior because I've never seen her talk this way to anyone and certainly not to me. Then I remember about what I told my relative Monday. Then I started laughing about it once I realized what caused her behavior. She was used by the dark forces that are trying and not succeeding to bring my Spirit down.   Okay, am I being overly dramatic by saying she was used?  Maybe, but it makes feel better. Tongue

I'll have to pray about this. If I ask someone to take the curse off, does that mean I believe in it? I don't WANT to believe in it.
Yeah, it is possible to curse. But it is the same sort of thing as when a bee stings you. Sure, you get a painful bee-sting, but the act of stinging rips out the bee's abdomen, and it dies.
Whatever spiritual work we do will come back to us sooner or later. If you set your heart on blessing, uplifting, and helping others, that will come back on you. If you decide to place a curse on someone else, however justly and even if there seem to be the best reasons for doing so--The curse you invoke will come back to you. Even if it is in another form. Better to forgive, walk away, run away than to invoke a curse. I have acquaintances that cursed someone with effect--Even though it worked, they say it gave them no joy or peace, AND the curse came back on them as well.

It may be, though, that there is a situation where cursing is called for. You will find that you know how to do it in that moment. If so, remember what happens to the bee when it stings. Pray for a way not to curse. Don't do it. Just don't.