Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woo-land
Been an interesting evening around chez Paladin.

Was listening to a speaker online and started smelling cigarette smoke. Now that, in itself, isn't unusual. Whenever I smell cigarette smoke, I know a friend who crossed about 10 years ago is checking in on me.  Tonight, however, the cigarette smoke was different. Sweeter smelling than my friend's smoke. On the off chance he switched brands on the other side-hey, just because he's dead here doesn't mean he quit smoking-but he told me no, it wasn't him. Plus, the cigarette smell came and went, quick little scents and then gone again.

Then my laptop turned itself off while I was in the middle of something. It's never done that before, at least not without help in the sense of the battery going dead. Usually when that happens I know the laptop is going to shut itself down. This time, no warning whatsoever. Turned it back on and it worked fine. No more problems.

Then our DIL told us the AC wasn't working. I hadn't noticed because we have a window open(gotta keep the cats entertained) and it was cool in our room. Spouse checked and sure enough, the AC unit was dead. Welp, nothing we could do about that right then, given it was after midnight. We grumbled about having another unexpected bill but oh well, what can you do? Gotta have AC in Texas, after all. But around 0130, spouse commented that he thought the AC was on. I got up and stood over the vent in our room. Cold air blasted up my sundress. Yep, the AC was back. We have no idea what happened but I made a point of thanking the unseen HVAC repairmen sent to help us out.

As I was typing this out, I realized all these things were someone's way of attracting my attention. Now to figure out who and why.

Like I said, an interesting evening. Big Grin
Certainly sounds like an interesting evening. If "they" can mess with electrical products to shut them down, "they" should be able to fix them. Hope your A/C doesn't get messed with again. We need our A/C here in LA and TX! Big Grin
At least whoever this was didn't decide to set off the alarms to get my attention. Hate when they do that, especially when people are sleeping.
Your alarms get set off? Oh noooo.

(03-26-2018, 01:09 PM)ThePaladin Wrote: At least whoever this was didn't decide to set off the alarms to get my attention. Hate when they do that, especially when people are sleeping.
Yeah. Second time it happened, I heard a sheepish, "Sorry." It was a friend's father who had just crossed a few days earlier. He had a message for her. I told him next time just tap my shoulder or something. Big Grin