Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm flooding and grocery store gestapo
According to zero hedge China has increased soybean imports from US by 20 percent. China is getting it's share of inflation with food supplies and perhaps getting a little nervous about it. I noticed certain items of food are definitely going up in the grocery store that I shop in the most.
I had another dream last night about the Oroville dam collapsing. It said the water level will reach almost 904(it overflows at 900). Lake Almanor is responsible in part for collapse(it feeds into Oroville basin). A chunk of the dam initially breaks off in part of the dam about 10 to 20 feet which leads to further cracking in the dam and eventually a bigger chunk falls off the rest of the dam pretty much goes after that. Dave Hodges says that about 25 percent of the food grown in the world is in the basin which be a mega tsunami and flood the would instantly have a direct impact on the food supply and price of food. Oroville is already at 790 feet with the vast majority of rain and snow to come plus the eventual melting of snow in the mountains and they weren't able to open the gates back up last year due vibrations(which would tear it apart if left to go on and on) despite what they say the level should have been made lower than it is right now.
Jan 16, 2020
Headline reads...Mississippi Oktibbena County...residents urged to evacuate...officials urged residents to evacuate...failure of dam...imminent

Other news...
Yale Reservoir in Washington State
Letting out water...lowering water levels...
Usgs and Ferc...possibility of rare earthquake in area, models show liquification resulting in Dam failure
I seen where Brazil harvest is expected to be not a good one due to a severe drought this summer( it's summer down there right now)

The dam is ok for now but it doesn't sound good because they were asking for funds to build a new one last year but didn't get it.
One of the grocery stores around here is only about half full or half empty. I haven't seen that before. The common sense show( on you tube) had a show on about the distribution of the food and the shortages expected coming soon. I see the prices for some things already rising.
We had to go out today and I decided to hit a local grocery store on our way home. Mostly full shelves but some areas were stripped bare and those were the items with purchase limits. The TP shelves were still bare. I tried to order some wet cat food on Chewy but the brand our cats prefer was completely out of stock. Put in an order on Costco but they were out of stock on a handful of items I normally get. The paper section was completely out of stock. Even a local convenience store was out of paper products.

It's a good thing I have all the ingredients and supplies to make many of the items that are unavailable right now, like hand sanitizer and cleansing wipes. Here's where my penchant for being prepared as best I can is paying off. Big Grin
If you find yourself in dire need of something and can't find it where you are, I'll be happy to look in my area and ship to you.
Thank you for the kind offer, Cassandra!

We're good for a while now. As a friend says, this ain't my first rodeo and I lived in places where the supply chain easily broke down according to the weather and we wouldn't get resupplied for weeks. So I make a point of keeping things on hand, just in case I need to feed not just us and the cats, but our kids as well.
I seen a thing in Pennslyvania where cars were lined up to get food from a food bank and the line appeared to be over a mile long. I thin the article and pics were on zero hedge today.
I try to go out as little as possible. We go out for groceries about once every 9 days and then it is mostly produce. Still haven't seen tp or paper towels or cleaning supplies yet. Can't order them either. We are ok for now, but will be out of paper towels in less than a week. I have been using only what I feel is needed, not what I want. I did an Insta-cart order from Sprouts. The problem with that is they will substitute items if they are out and our store is not doing returns so if you don't want the substitute you are kinda stuck. They gave us whole bean coffee instead of ground. We don't have a grinder, but my 20 something kids ground the beans with a hammer.. haha
Most people I know have at least one member of their family out of work or on a limited work schedule now.
This is when you get creative. Go old school. I made my own hand sanitizer because I had all the ingredients on hand. Put it in one of the little travel-sized squeeze bottles. Works great. I tend to use vinegar and baking soda for cleaning, using cloths from old tee shirts. Also thinking I may need to make my own reusable wipes if I can't find any TP. I had enough on hand for almost 2 months but we're at the point where we've got maybe a couple weeks left and I haven't been able to find any in any of the local stores.

But I keep paper towels around to clean up cat barf. No way would I use something reusable for that nasty task. Sick
Tuesday, rec'd two grocery store flyers in the mail as usual every week. The weird thing, they were each 1 page and the sales were on one side only. Had to remind myself that products don't magically appear on shelves. They have to be produced and trucked to the stores.
I seen an article where 40 percent of San Diego's county residents had to rely on food bank's to help them through this crisis. 40 percent is probably around one million people because it's a heavily populated area. They are starting to open up here April 27 with restaurant's allowed to go to 50 percent capacity and the same with department stores on this Thursday. It goes to show how fast the supplies can dry up and how fast your job can be gone. Someone said Wal Mart wasn't planning on going back to 24 hour a day operation period. Wal Mart has been closing down at 8:30 around here.
They had a pretty big dam breach in Uzbekistan on Friday it was on you tube and strange 70,000 people were evacuated and there was a rather large as a result of the breach. We had the wettest April on record around here this year. It doesn't take a long time for it to get back in drought during the summer around here, however.
This was just on accuweather today where two dams failed near Midland, Michigan causing 10,000 to be evacuated and the river it flows into goes all the to Saginaw.
I saw on GLP forum which had a link to Taiwan News that The Yangzte River in the are area around Chongqing is suffering it's worst flooding in 80 year with almost 8,000 homes affected and around 3 billion in damage so far. This area is near the Three Gorges Dam and some experts are saying it could possibly collapse and it is being really put to the test right now.
There is very heavy rain in the three gorges area going on right now. That flooding looks worse than what they are saying it is right now. 680 reservoirs are at capacity in the Hubei(where three gores is located) province already and it's not looking to good for any dry weather for next 10 days in the are. There is also bad flooding going on in Serbia right now( seeing structures flowing down the rivers). It was on you tube today.
Although these floods aren't getting hardly any coverage in USA they already catastrophic if you watch the videos on you tube and twitter. It looks like there might be a couple days without rain in the area but 6 inches is predicted for the next two weeks. The floods could get a lot worse. They have been releasing unofficially form three gorges dam. They have to because letting get higher just isn't an option right now. If it were to breach there's no telling how many it could kill millions or tens of millions isn't out of the question because several very large cities sit downstream of it down the Yangatze River including Wuhan and Shanghai.
It hasn't stopped raining in China and now officially the 3 Gorges Dam is releasing water although it was doing so before it officially was releasing. One city near the 3 Gorges Dam was faced with big time flooding for the first time in 2,000 years. Japan is getting hit with the rain and is seeing big time flooding which has killed about 40 so far and it's still raining in southern Japan right now and typhoon season doesn't start getting under way until next month. It's not looking good at all even if there are no dam failures on the Yangtze River. One dam break in China in 1975 killed 240,000 people although it was kept quite and millions of people died in 1931 due to flooding on the Yellow River although it wasn't hushed up. This looks to be some of the worst flooding ever along the Yangtze even without a dam break.
There is a dam in trouble in China besides the 3 Gorges Dam. The Hubei dam is showing signs of starting to slide and deformation and as a result China ordered 29,000 people to evacuate today. This was on you tube try Hubei dam begins to show signs of sliding and you should get a video with the story on it and as an article in theepochtimes. Typhoon season won't even start to peak until next month. China averages 7 to 8 typhoons a year.