Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Light to Warmth Invention
In this dream I was in college going to a class. We were surprised by being chosen to test a new invention. It was supposed to hit the markets soon, but they wanted lots of testers to endorse the product. It was explained to us that this invention would go into a persons mouth and when that person was around light, it would warm them. Their entire body would warm up. I thought to myself that this would be wonderful for the homeless or people like me that are sensitive to the cold. I envisioned a homeless man standing next to a streetlight getting warm on a harsh winter night.

The product came in one of those toy bubbles that open like an easter egg... but the bubbles were shaped like stones and came in different colors. I had a silvery blue one. When I pulled out my thingamajig, it was bigger than I thought it would be, but I managed to fit it into my mouth. I was with a couple of friends and we decided to take a walk to the nearest street light to see what would happen.

As we walked up to the street light, there was maybe a very slight change in our body temperature... but what was really noticeable was a sour taste in our mouths. It was kind of like lemon water... tart but not crazy sour. We joked about it a bit and I was thirsty so I took out my water bottle and took a swig of water and it was TERRIBLE. It was like I took a big gulp of lemon juice. My friends didn't believe me when I told them, and so I let them all try some and they all gagged and choked on the sour water as well! We then decided to taste different things and keep a record of how it made things taste. When we tried steak... oh my goodness... it was the best thing we had all ever tasted in our lives. We all joked that would be the only thing we ate from then on out.

This invention was interesting, but after a while it was hurting my mouth... so I took it out to give my mouth a little break. When I did, I saw that the thing had swollen up. It was some kind of fabric folded over several times. Curious I unfolded it into a robe. I then thought to myself how dumb we all were. We had been using it wrong! But then again, I was sure our instructions were to put it in our mouths... I tried to fold it back up to a size that would fit in my mouth again, but couldn't even come close. I looked around now and there were people using it both ways. Some wore them as robes, some used them as some sort of mouth piece.

I later walked by a table with a lady that was giving out extra things to people who had blue or silver bubbles. I also noticed that she was talking about the batteries used for these things. They had itty bitty tube batteries that were about as big around as a pencil lead and maybe a quarter inch long. I wondered if mine was on the fritz because the battery was dead. I tried to ask her about it, but she refused to talk to me until I showed her my bubble. Well, I had tossed that thing and didn't know what I did with it, so I slinked around hoping to find it or pick up someone else's discarded bubble. When I finally found one, I ran towards her table but woke up before I got a chance to talk to her.