Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rioting in the City
So it started out pretty plain, as far as dreams go. I was at work, in tight quarters (I work in an open floor plan, but this took it to an extreme, it was study carrels without dividers LOL). I was finishing up a new business proposal.

In printing it out, I thought my boss should see it, but he was surrounded by a ton of people all vying for his attention, and I had a thought that these two women that I know would need to see it as well. So I gathered up the printouts, and went to find them.

I arrived at a store that they owned, and it was PACKED with people. It was a toy store, and it was like folks were fighting for the last toy before Christmas. I decided to come back later, but somehow on my way back, even though it was a short trip there, I got very lost.

Suddenly the quality of the dream shifted. Very clearly I could see I was in a much larger city than what I work in. I could see a lot looking downhill (but I’m not sure if it was really hilly, or a dreamlike panorama perspective, where you can see more. The perspective made it look like the street corner was a triangle). I could see a man laying half on the sidewalk, and half in the street. I went a bit closer and I could see he was dead. It was then I noticed a lot of people in the streets, and there was complete chaos. The streets looked wet. Then I saw riot police in full gear. Helmets with face shields, body shields and weapons. People were running. Then I realized that a number of storefronts were on fire.

I took off in a different direction, only to have a young man in his 20s approach me and grab me by the arm. He seemed to know me, and I felt I was being kidnapped. Unlike me in dreams usually, I got all up in his grill and screamed for HELP!!!!!

It had the needed effect of him losing his grip on my arm, and I ran off down the street.

End of dream.

On an interesting thought I had after I woke, the business proposal is real, and it’s due around the beginning of May.
Thanks for sharing. I'm getting Nada in dream time even after asking.
My dreams have gotten more vivid lately, not sure why.
Good to hear that, GG.
It's to be expected when everything goes down. I have dreamed the highways to big cities are roadblocked and only certain persons can go in and out if they have permission.
Not much in the way of dreams for me, except for one about a friend who was having difficulty keeping their business open.
Easy to imagine that scenario, TB. Not if but rather, which ones?
Lots rioting going on certain cities in USA right now fires looting and all.
“ I could see a man laying half on the sidewalk, and half in the street. I went a bit closer and I could see he was dead. It was then I noticed a lot of people in the streets, and there was complete chaos. The streets looked wet. Then I saw riot police in full gear. Helmets with face shields, body shields and weapons. People were running. Then I realized that a number of storefronts were on fire. “
Minneapolis.
Wow GG!
Golden Girl, Very interesting that you would dream this about 2 months before the rioting in Minneapolis and the death of George Floyd.  Definitely some precognition here.  I love your description of the man being down partially on the street and sidewalk.  In the now well viewed video of George Floyd in Minneapolis, he is down on the street with his head near the sidewalk. Of course you describe the police in riot gear and stores burning just like it is actually occurring. 
In the dream posting you did not give the location nor the name of the city of Minneapolis. I thought it would be interesting to take the info you did post to see if it revealed anymore about the possible location of the rioting you foresaw.   I looked at 3 major points of your dream.  1) A part of your dream has you looking out or down to a panorama of this city.  Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota are so closely linked that they are referred to as the Twin Cities. This made me wonder if you could be looking from Minneapolis out toward St. Paul, as if you are taking in the entire area.  Also you reference two women, could they represent the two twin cities?  From internet research I learned the following. 2)   In the first part of your dream, you are in a work/business setting. Then you seem to be in a much larger city. At one point you are in a toy store that is very busy.  According to the internet, Minneapolis-St. Paul area is one of the largest economic centers in the country. A major business hub.  The Twin Cities metro area has the 5th largest concentration of major corporate headquarters in the US, with 5 Fortune 500 companies.  One of the top ones is Target. (perhaps a shopping location for toys?) And 3)   In your dream you state that the streets looked wet. According to Wikipedia and other websites, "The history and economic growth of Minneapolis are tied to water, the city's defining physical characteristic.  Minneapolis lies on both banks of the Mississippi River, just north of the river's confluence with the Minnesota River, and adjoins Saint Paul.  The city is abundantly rich in water, with 13 lakes, wetlands, creeks and waterfalls."
Perhaps this is why you see the streets as wet. 
GC, I am glad you posted this dream when you did.  I hope you find these comments interesting and maybe revealing. I do not mean to stretch a point so to speak but I have learned that many times dream show us so much more info but we cannot always decipher what is given to us.
Thanks Ridley. I appreciate the thought put into this. It was a disturbing dream at the time, and disturbing when Jawsawtikal reminded me of it. I’m wondering if the botruns showed anything in advance. This certainly had to send a psychic jolt through the collective psyche. I think too that you can interpret on many levels. I think I was seeing wet streets because the storefronts were on fire, and fire trucks were trying to put it out. But I can see the reference as you’ve described.