Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is "The Wave" a symbol?
A few nights ago I had a wave dream - Big Waves hit a resort

I got to thinking about the dream. I haven't lived through a tsunami, but from what I've read, what I saw wasn't a tsunami. The water didn't roll out into the wave, leaving the shore dry until the wave finally comes in, and simply pushes over everything. I've additionally done a lot of shore diving, where I've had to go through waves, sometimes quite large. In my dream, a huge wave hit me, and I barely had to hold on. That's not what happens in even a small wave. When I had wave dreams 7-8+ years ago, I was always going to a local pool or hunkering down in my house, and after "the wave" went through I had to hold on for dear life, and afterwards I had to climb up through the water over 100 feet only to see the nearest land was miles away when I reached the surface. And that was with the waves coming to my house that was about 900 feet above sea level.

Reading descriptions in other dreams, while a wave is there, I don't get the impression of a real oceanic wave. If it wasn't a real wave, that indicated it was symbolic. Engineer that I am, I decided I'd be scientific and try an intention - "Tonight I will dream about what symbolic meaning of the waves are in the dreams, when the first wave hit, and when the next wave will hit". This is what I got Impressionist Painting of a wave.

Maybe my intention was too specific and guided what I got as a dream. Or maybe I got a real hit, and "The Wave" is symbolic of something else. "The Wave" hits Hawaii to Florida in different dreams? Hmmm, it sweeps from one end of the country to the other? That would destroy the entire country if not the entire world, and yet people see something beyond that. Doesn't seem like it could be a real wave to me.

A wave could be a lot of things. A long time ago, I had some dreams where a pin would hit, and like a tuning fork there was a resonance that grew and grew and grew, eventually going from the point of origin through the whole world. In my mind I knew it meant an idea, a meme. For the United States rebellion seems to be the big meme right now; Ferguson wasn't it, and I don't think "I can't breath" is it either, but lots of people are trying to push it. I don't think the general feel of the wave dreams are of a positive nature, but Eagle1 had some ideas in his comment on my dream that fit what I got. I'd like to think there is a positive wave that is going to sweep across the country, maybe it will start on one part of the country or the other and sweep across the nation.

I guess I'm wondering about two things at this point - how specific is "too specific" on an intention, and has anybody else been successful in refining their intentions after a dream?
MTB,

What an excellent post and you pose some excellent questions! Alexander touched on the possibility of a non-oceanic wave, too. If the non-water hypothesis is correct, I think we should start seeing it in the lingustics....an uncommon word starts harmonizing with "Wave" and that other word would give us a hint of the real wave. This could then give dreamers a better sense of what to intend, which gets into one of your questions...what is too specific of an intention?

I think in general at this young stage we're in for precognitive dream incubation, that being too specific is not yet a problem (just generally speaking). However, I can see it being a problem if the specifications lock out a person from seeing what they really want/need to see. For example, if the original meme was metaphoric, and the person chooses the wrong (but specific) metaphor, then they will probably receive garbled at best and irrelevant at worst dream info.

I also think that specificity also works with the dreamers subconscious beliefs and perhaps even some underlying transpersonal rulesets that are still yet unknown. For the first problem, some dreamers believe that they can't receive any specifics about future events if they restrict themselves to a specific incubation. That right there will shut down the dream incubation process and the person will receive garbage. "Ask and ye shall receive," is the first step, but the asking part of it requires true, authentic belief that: 1. It's possible and 2. You'll receive some hints about what you're asking for.

As far as the transpersonal rules, I'm thinking more in terms of karma or certain talents that each person has. Some people are better at specific incubations, and if the person has truly extinguished all the the underlying beliefs (very hard to do by the way), only then can someone find out if there's something holding them back that cannot be extinguished. In order to get to this point requires a whole lot of inner work to rule out the belief aspect first.

Not sure if I answered your question, but my dreambot run is about due. We're having issues this morning, so I've got to run. Thanks for the input!
Excellent point

I have already written on this and will make a summary here and again of both "The Wave" and "The Flash"

I continue to revisit these in many ways.

In the case for both meme-themes I find that BOTH of these have BOTH a 3d material level set of effects AND a higher vibratory state.

The higher vibratory state has TWO main aspects : one is primarily of a spiritual nature (applies to both themes) -- the other aspects is that this energy wave has a lower vibratory component which is directly tied in to effects in 3d materiality.

This of course makes it especially challenging to sort out vision-dream reportage if the narrative is not extremely clear on this.

The human frame of reference is used to provide symbolic language in place of less ambiguous linguistically structured thought.

The broader and more comprehensive the human frame of reference -- and the more complete the higher level connection is in terms of descending orders of vibrational patterns, then it is more likely the reportage is clearer and less ambiguous.

-A
Part of the issue is, I think, that so many words have multiple meanings so a lot depends on the context in which the word appears. Can wave mean a metaphoric wave? Yes. Can it mean an actual wave? Yes-and even so, which definition of the word "wave"? Again, it depends on the context.

Another issue is what a word might represent in one person's dream may not be what that word represents in another person's dreams because dream imagery is so personalized. Heck, it can vary from dream to dream. For example, "house" in one dream may mean an actual house. In another, it may represent the dreamer. Once again, we go back to context.

I'm not even getting into dreams where someone might drop by to say hi(or not), or you're really traveling about the galaxy with your soul-self, deep memories coming up, message dreams, etc. That's all a matter of interpretation and how I might interpret the dream is very likely different than how another might interpret the same dream.

A dream journal is invaluable for learning one's own dream patterns. I've been keeping one for years and it's fascinating to go back through the old entries.
Absolutely great points, DLP!

The congruency problem always inherent with dream symbols and metaphors at the individual level continue to present themselves at the collective level. However, precognition, particularly the flavor that Carl Jung postulated, does tend to move toward big archetypes, where the symbols do become universal. I think right now at the NDC we're at the interim stage, where see the problems with lower-level metaphor while unknowingly touching on the outskirts of the bigger archetypes, where there is much less subjectivity. 

In short, I agree with you about the inherent problems, and I hope that as we continue, we'll start to see the bigger memes pop through and immediately know what they mean at the collective level. Maybe I'm naive Smile
Thinking in terms of waves, have there been dream memes related to light waves ("the flash"?) as well as sound waves ("trumpets of the apocolypse" comes to mind in other areas). Different people getting different messages about a similar event? I do a lot of water stuff, so I'm not surprised I get a lot of water-bound imagery. Has anybody tried to link the dreams that are "wave" related (earthquakes are a wave, tsunamis are a wave, sounds are a wave, light is a wave) to see if there is a common theme among them all? Other than something obvious like destruction happens. I don't have the time to look into the dreambase myself, but I haven't seen a lot of sound related dreams in the forums. Maybe sound dreams will tie something together.

I never put it into a forum, but this dream Arraying psychic abilities seems relevant. Do the strong dreamers get too much, while the weaker dreamers could filter things out? When you put it all together into a database and run the dream runs, you get the strong signal (oh, filter and strong signal, more wave references!)?
(12-13-2014, 11:06 PM)MTB_forums Wrote: I never put it into a forum, but this dream Arraying psychic abilities seems relevant.  Do the strong dreamers get too much, while the weaker dreamers could filter things out?  When you put it all together into a database and run the dream runs, you get the strong signal (oh, filter and strong signal, more wave references!)?

Was this one of your dreams, MTB_forums? I ask because what you got is how it works when people work in a grid on an energetic level.

It would be disastrous to have too many strong workers forming a grid. Think of a power surge on your electronics. In the same way, people can be fried out or they can overload a system and it is possible to have a backwash on the workers. Also disastrous would be to not have enough oomph by using too many not-as-strong workers. It's kind of like Goldilocks and the 3 Bears, really. One is too strong, one is too weak, and one is just right. Using a mix of stronger and weaker workers ensures just the right frequency required.

Is it possible for a strong dreamer to get too much? I suppose but I would think those people would also have built in defensive systems that would prevent them from being overwhelmed with input, sort of a means to turn down the volume as needed.

As for non-water waves in dreams, when I see those in my dreams, they always have to do with energy being used as a weapon. Always. But that's my dreamtime. Others may experience waves of sound as colors or light. They may be able to see light as waves. It really depends on the dreamer and the dream.

On a totally unrelated note, I just realized today is 12/13/14. People who know way more about these things than I pay attention to such things. Smile