Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And so it begins? Greece says NO!
My how things can change in 24 hours. What to expect based on the predictions/dreams bot runs?
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/1...SH20150216
Well, if so, our timing mechanism is way off Smile At least this is a Project Año prediction, so technically, we get the whole year for it happen Smile
I think it might take a little while to actually happen, but who knows.
(02-16-2015, 08:24 PM)Eagle1 Wrote: Well, if so, our timing mechanism is way off Smile At least this is a Project Año prediction, so technically, we get the whole year for it happen Smile
I know everyone likes a victim story but the reason Greece is being picked on in the eurozone, as opposed to any other country is that one, its debt is huge and its ability to pay it back is nil, BUT all the EU countries went through the FAKE depression, ireland, Spain, Portugal and Italy being the ones whose citizens were hosed more than most. The reason that Greece is being leaned on now is that they joined in 1973 like the others listed above and since then only something like 10% of their population every paid a dime of tax. Its a national endemic problem. No one is even registered for tax….this isn't a tear jerker as it may seem. The tear jeckers are the other countries listed above who citizens are being striped of every social advantage that comes with paying tax, whilst paying more and more tax. None of it is right, but some of the backlash is understandable.
OOhh, I've been a bit outta the loop on Greece. Refused a bailout? That sounds honorable.

Several years ago a US bank was forced to accept a bailout~ Another bank, this admin. refused to accept them paying back! their bailout loan. (to keep one in-debt is to be able to CONTROL one...)
no nanny, they didn't refuse a bailout, they will not accept that the rest of the depressed eu zone doesn't want to pay for their non compliance with any kind of tax system. which is fine if they want to not comply, but my parents should not have had their retirement cut in half because of these problems…its all nuts
GO, I'm not sure how to read this headline.

"Greece defies creditors, seeking credit but no bailout "

Okay, they didn't refuse a bailout, but aren't seeking one? I misspoke.
Gosh Nanny, you did not mis-speak, its an awful mess altogether. here is a fairly ok account

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_gover...ebt_crisis

they are on their third bailout or something, thats why they are rejecting this one. Each new bailout comes with super severe restrictions that most countries cannot meet. Dropping their budgets drastically to meet their debt, means closing hospitals and shutting down drug rehabilitation programs, all the things that keep a society from failing completely. this depression was certainly caused by the banks but until ordinary people take responsibility for their own actions this mess will continue. Its similar to offering a starving person a 5 course meal. Of course they want it but if they eat it all it will kill them.

they created an artificial boom in some of the poorest countries of europe, then people in those countries went crazy on easy credit, buying several houses and cars and over-reaching then they pulled the rug from under everyone. But there is responsibility to be met on all sides. It was truly a psy-op….
",,,until ordinary people take responsibility for their own actions this mess will continue. Its similar to offering a starving person a 5 course meal. Of course they want it but if they eat it all it will kill them. "

Temptation is unlimited.......
Yep, our housing bubble burst, and so many things crashed in '08, I think it was. I got to see video of congressional hearings from way-back, about this very thing. Some congress critters pushed patiently, saying "subprime" loans were going to cause us horrible problems, well see, much of the subprime was to minorities of low income. So...

critters on the other side of the political aisle even called the very hearings...."a lynching!" in trying to intimidate those calling for fiscal responsibility, but no....subprime continued, and it all crashed. (Note I didn't name the political parties, *grin) All that matters is that the video proof is out there that our nation was brought-down by federal critters that knew what the end-result would be, and they helped it to happen.) I can only guess other nations had this happen to them, too.

(02-18-2015, 03:46 AM)G0 Wrote: Gosh Nanny, you did not mis-speak, its an awful mess altogether. here is a fairly ok account

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_gover...ebt_crisis

they are on their third bailout or something, thats why they are rejecting this one. Each new bailout comes with super severe restrictions that most countries cannot meet. Dropping their budgets drastically to meet their debt, means closing hospitals and shutting down drug rehabilitation programs, all the things that keep a society from failing completely. this depression was certainly caused by the banks but until ordinary people take responsibility for their own actions this mess will continue. Its similar to offering a starving person a 5 course meal. Of course they want it but if they eat it all it will kill them.

they created an artificial boom in some of the poorest countries of europe, then people in those countries went crazy on easy credit, buying several houses and cars and over-reaching then they pulled the rug from under everyone. But there is responsibility to be met on all sides. It was truly a psy-op….