Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think this might be interesting regarding Bug.
Idea I noticed that over a one week period in time, we had a rash of bot runs with the word "bug".  I decided to document the dates of the runs with recent "bug" themes and look for any messages we might have missed.  The first date I noticed "bug" was 2-15.  I saw no bug words listed on the 17th or 19th.

grasp fresh bug museum  (2-15)
appreciate instructions convince nova bug flag theme (2-16)
0 (2-17)
spinning mentally bug flag necessary nova faced wolves rare (2-18)
0 (2-19)
david bug eric convinced naturally stretch (2-20)
detailed nova reload trusted necessary eric bug refer bobby (2-21)

I think the first three "bug" days (2-15, 16 and 18) are referring to the "Superbug" scare at UCLA. The 18th is the first day the media appears to have broken the news about the problem.  This "superbug" has no antibiotic which can currently kill it and is very rare. The 16th run seems to be saying that there is a  need for instructions on how to proceed with this superbug  (nova bug) issue and on how to  alert the public.
After the media is alerted, the second day without "bug" occurs. When it is back on the 20th, it appears likely that the use of "bug" has changed and the meaning is different. David, Eric and Bobby are getting bugged to do something and nova is getting used in a different way.
I think there was a lot of effort to get our attention on this subject. This may also be a good example of how words can mean different things.  I wonder how often a word will disappear from a run and then come back a day or two later in a different context.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/u...g-29065400
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio.../23663747/
(02-25-2015, 02:57 AM)twiceblessed9 Wrote: Idea I noticed that over a one week period in time, we had a rash of bot runs with the word "bug".  I decided to document the dates of the runs with recent "bug" themes and look for any messages we might have missed.  The first date I noticed "bug" was 2-15.  I saw no bug words listed on the 17th or 19th.

0 (2-17)
0 (2-19)

I think the first three "bug" days (2-15, 16 and 18) are referring to the "Superbug" scare at UCLA. The 18th is the first day the media appears to have broken the news about the problem.  This "superbug" has no antibiotic which can currently kill it and is very rare. The 16th run seems to be saying that there is a  need for instructions on how to proceed with this superbug  (nova bug) issue and on how to  alert the public.
After the media is alerted, the second day without "bug" occurs. When it is back on the 20th, it appears likely that the use of "bug" has changed and the meaning is different. David, Eric and Bobby are getting bugged to do something and nova is getting used in a different way.
I think there was a lot of effort to get our attention on this subject. This may also be a good example of how words can mean different things.  I wonder how often a word will disappear from a run and then come back a day or two later in a different context.

Thats very interesting, i think though if people really understood the sheer amount of non treatable resistant bacteria there were they would be shocked. 5000 people die in the UK every year from MRSI, mainly picked up in hospitals. Thats 2 9/11's every year. And the irony is that they are produced by cleanliness. Hand gels, antibacterial cleaning products and over use of antibiotics. So they keep using these things to combat bacteria and they keep creating new and resistant bacteria. being a bit dirty is not such a bad thing after all.
Yes I agree with you. We are our onw worst enemy regarding superbugs. I don't buy antibacterial soaps when I can help it. I have read they don't do as good of a job to clean now compared to normal soap anyway.
(02-25-2015, 04:27 AM)G0 Wrote:
(02-25-2015, 02:57 AM)twiceblessed9 Wrote: Idea I noticed that over a one week period in time, we had a rash of bot runs with the word "bug".  I decided to document the dates of the runs with recent "bug" themes and look for any messages we might have missed.  The first date I noticed "bug" was 2-15.  I saw no bug words listed on the 17th or 19th.

0 (2-17)
0 (2-19)

Thats very interesting, i think though if people really understood the sheer amount of non treatable resistant bacteria there were they would be shocked. 5000 people die in the UK every year from MRSI, mainly picked up in hospitals. Thats 2 9/11's every year. And the irony is that they are produced by cleanliness. Hand gels, antibacterial cleaning products and over use of antibiotics. So they keep using these things to combat bacteria and they keep creating new and resistant bacteria. being a bit dirty is not such a bad thing after all.