Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Elyse's Trophy Case
Validated Precognition #1 for Elyse

We verified this precognitive dream which predicted: Gnome sighting and Missing Gnome Scandel

Links for Documentation:

Dream Link (2014-08-25) http://www.nationaldreamcenter.com/dream..._and_Stuff

News Link (2014-08-26) http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worl...l-scandal/

also,

http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=22...nvironment (note: this article cannot be considered for precognition because the date takes place before the dream)

(Score Format = WHAT-WHERE-WHEN)

WHAT: 3 out of 5 -- Dreamt of searching for hidden gnomes, also, from dream...."It seemed that they only came out at night now and crept around certain houses, while they once used to run around at anytime so long as they were careful not to be seen by just anyone." There are 3 descriptors here, gnomes (subject), searching (verb), and hidden -- 3 descriptors, but these are only roughly connected to the actual news articles. "Gnomes" was a precise subject. Thus 3 points.

WHERE: 0 out of 5 -- No location data

WHEN: 5 out of 5 -- By definition, if no timing data exists in the dream, the target date is the date of the dream. The news comes out nearly within 24 hours. Thus, 5 points.

Additional Dreamer comments:

Wow... this score is horrible... and not likely to get better since I am a poor interpreter of dreams. I would imagine that I felt a lot of the upset and frustration that the social democratic party in Australia was feeling over the missing gnomes. It was very clear to me in the dream that the gnomes were very important, not only to me, but to my children... so maybe the things the gnomes represent mean a lot to the democratic supporters in Australia both in the here and now (Parent) and in the future (children)? That would be my guess. If I really wanted to go out on a limb... I could say that maybe the gnomes were no longer fond of me because of my being American and not being a supporter of many social democratic values... maybe that is why they saw me as an enemy and acted as if they were frightened by me.

("However, the symbolic reference causes the opposite reactions it is supposed to," he said.
Hofer indirectly blames the United States for the emergence of such election campaigns. "More than other European countries, Austria has always tried to copy American campaigns," he said.")

These metaphors come after the posted article, however, and don't get a score... but it is somewhat fun to reflect back on them.

Therefore, this dream/news combo receives the following score: 3 - 0 - 5
- Not as bad as you thought, Elyse!! Great start!
- For a detailed description of how precognition is scored, navigate to http://nationaldreamcenter.com/wp/how-to/score-a-dream/

[Image: postbit_www.gif] [Image: postbit_find.gif]
[Image: postbit_quote.gif]

09-04-2014, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 05:46 PM by Eagle1.)
[Image: avatar_1.jpg?dateline=1410374475]
[b]Eagle1[/b] [Image: buddy_offline.gif]
NDC Elder
[Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif]
RE: The Validated Dreams of...Elyse
Validated Precognition #2 for Elyse

We verified this precognitive dream which predicted: Cobras in Suburban Neighborhood

Links for Documentation:

Dream Link (2014-08-29) http://www.nationaldreamcenter.com/dream...n_Williams

News Link (2014-09-04) http://news.msn.com/us/search-on-for-dea...California

WHAT: 5 out of 5 --

Dreamer: "Parents were warned to keep an eye on their CHILDREN because COBRAS were on the loose. In the dream, I saw cobras right next to my porch. There were several in a pail and one slithering around freely in the grass next to the pail. I was immediately worried about my children, and my attempts to kill the snake were unsuccessful. In the news articles, people were directed NOT to try to kill the snake.

"'Do not approach it, do not try to capture it, do not try to kill it,' said Brandon Dowling, a Los Angeles County spokesman."

Perhaps my attempts at killing it with the handle of a broom led to it attacking my child?
"

Admin: This is definitely a tricky validation. Just as in my dream, there were COBRAS on the loose. That in itself is compelling, but in accordance with Change 5, when common occurrences happen (in this case, the presence of a cobra), something else is needed to help score the event. In this dream sequence, the whole dream motif is around the concern for the CHILDREN, which also is a direct match to real life. There is no metaphor here...we have CONCERN FOR CHILDREN and COBRAS on the loose. Therefore, 5 points.

WHERE: 1.5 out of 5 --

Dreamer: "I am not sure how to grade myself here, because I think that my dream was very, VERY metaphoric and I'm sure many might disagree with me. Also, I was unable to decipher the dream until AFTER the event occurred... which should give me a big, fat 0.

In the dream, I lived in my parents old home. This house was on the suburb of Natchitoches, Louisiana. The name of the street was even "White Oak Lane". So if you want to make a stretch, there is both a suburb and the "Oak" part of the name.

Also, I was married to Robin Williams, who lived in California... also in the suburbs. Maybe he represented California
?"

Admin: The metaphors DO FACTOR in, even when the dreamer fails to specify them prior to the event. So, here we go. First of all, let's assume the metaphor was properly identified prior to the news. What would that score be? Elyse identifies the metaphoric location as California, which makes it 3 points. But now we subtract for the metaphor. First, an automatic 0.5 is subtracted since it wasn't pre-identified, so 2.5. Now we look at acceptability of the metaphor. Will everyone agree with it? Not really, so we subtract another 1.0, so now we're down to 0.5. Next, we have to account for degrees away from literal. In this case, Robin Williams represents CA suburbs, so that is no degree away, so 0.5 total.

WHEN: 4 out of 5 -- The dream was JUST within a week's time from the news, so 4 points.

Metaphors or further clarification include:

Dreamer provides excellent advice for others:
If nothing else, I am learning (very slowly) to take in every detail of my dream because it seems as if even the smallest details amount to something... or at least that is what I am getting out of this dream.

Still, though, I maintain that I think this dream has another meaning as well, and I worry about Robin Williams children. Strange how dreams can twist themselves to mean so many things at the same time. Strange and confusing...

Therefore, this dream/news combo receives the following score: 5 - 1.5 - 4
- Well done, Elyse!!
- For a detailed description of how precognition is scored, navigate to http://nationaldreamcenter.com/wp/how-to/score-a-dream/

09-07-2014, 12:18 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2014 12:42 AM by Eagle1.)
[Image: avatar_1.jpg?dateline=1410374475]
[b]Eagle1[/b] [Image: buddy_offline.gif]
NDC Elder
[Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif]

Validated Precognition #3 for Elyse

We verified this precognitive dream which predicted: Comet Racing Towards/Past Earth

Links for Documentation:

Dream Link (2014-07-27) http://www.nationaldreamcenter.com/dream...Blue_Comet

News Link (2014-09-06) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...nline.html

WHAT: 4.5 out of 5 -- NASA tracks a comet/asteroid racing towards/just past earth. This asteroid is closer than the moon even! In the dream, the comet had a blue trail, but I think that could have been symbolic. Here in the news article, you can see that the trail of the asteroid is marked by blue line.

ADMIN: News article reports that an ASTEROID will pass very close to Earth. Are we going to squibble about Comet vs Asteroid? Just to play it safe, let's call this metaphoric, although many people would go ahead and put the two in the same literal basket. So, we have the subject and verb (Asteroid hurtling toward/near Earth) and now we need a descriptor. We actually have two: The presence of NASA warnings and the blue comet tale. The first is literal (NASA) and second is metaphoric. For the score, we'll use the literal for this. So, we start with 5.0 score and subtract for the unidentified metaphor (she would have have had to clarify that the comet was actually metaphoric for an asteroid to get full points). We subtract our metaphor penalty of 0.5 to reach 4.5 points.

WHERE: 5 out of 5 -- I saw the comet in outer space and knew it must have been somewhat close to earth because of the man in space. People have not traveled beyond the moon and the man in space was not on the moon.

ADMIN: The only marker here is Space (which might be infinitely big). But we also have that reference to moon for a distance measure. This one is difficult to score with the current 2D measuring that use for normal operations, but the clarity of the moon certainly helps here. I agree....5 points.

WHEN: 2.5 out of 5 -- Dream was intended for August, happened 6 days later. Just outside of the month, so not quite 3 points: 2.5

Therefore, this dream/news combo receives the following score: 4.5 - 5 - 2.5
- Well done, Elyse!!

09-07-2014, 12:27 AM  
[Image: avatar_2.jpg?dateline=1410497346]
esholars [Image: buddy_offline.gif]
Edna

A lot of people do not know the difference between a comet and an asteroid. especially when dreaming that some space rock is headed this way. I give her 5 for knowing a big ass piece of something was headed our way!