Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disease Dusting / New Beginnings
I had a couple of dreams last night. I can't remember a whole lot of either, but in the first, I remember running with my boys hanging all over me. I could feel the entire weight of all three of them pulling down on me and I was very tired and sore, but couldn't afford to stop running for whatever reason. There were hundreds of other families running with us, and we slowed as we came across a river. I wasn't sure how to get us all across the river without one or all of us being swept away. I somehow managed by fastening the two oldest boys to the back of my shirt and tried to swim holding my youngest up in front of me. The struggle of crossing the river felt so real that I could feel myself breathing in the water as I struggled to swim while being pulled down by the boys. I made it to a small sand island in the middle of the river and took a small break allowing the boys and myself to recover for a minute before having to swim the other half of the river.

We were very lucky, because not every family made it across. The people and families that did make it were stretched out by the side of the river trying to catch their breath. I checked all of my boys to make sure they were ok, and lied down in the sand. I felt like we didn't have time to waste, but I just couldn't move anymore... not for a little while anyway. I was completely drained.

I took out my smart phone (which should have been dead after swimming around in a river) and decided to check on the National Dream Center to see how everyone was doing. There were no dream announcements this time... just headlines asking if all of the dreamers were ok. The dreamers were asked to respond if they were alright... but I didn't see any replies. I thought that everyone was busy dealing with this crisis and either didn't have the time to respond or maybe they didn't have a way to respond. (No internet maybe...) I would have responded, except that It would take me forever to reply on my phone, and I needed to start running soon. Black airplanes were starting to fly over us, and everyone lying around had to pick up and run again. I felt like the planes were dumping a disease on us. Like they were crop-dusting us with germs of some sort. Whatever it was didn't give a very good survival rate, and so, we had no choice but to run for our lives.

I ran with my boys until I came to my old grandparent's house. Inside was my aunt and uncle and one of my husband's nieces. They were preparing to run again and were just there taking a break. For a minute, I thought about sending my oldest son with the niece because it was so difficult taking care of the three boys alone. When I asked the niece, however, she was telling me how she just couldn't live so far outside of a big city and that she was going to go back to help those who had gotten sick and rebuild. I immediately decided that I couldn't afford to send my son with her because what she wanted to do was a death wish. I felt like EVERYONE in a city either was or would be infected. She thought that she would be ok as long as the germs had settled and were no longer in the air. My aunt and uncle thought the same. I was very skeptical. I wasn't sure if it was Ebola that had been dumped everywhere or something much worse, but I didn't want to take any chances. Whatever it was, we had talked about it affecting a person anywhere between 2 days to 2 weeks... and it seemed fatal.

After a while, everyone else decided to leave and tried again to convince me to go with them, but I refused. I thought I would be safer in my grandparent's country home. I had decided that I would restore their garden area and chicken pen and raise my boys there... but first, I had to wait for this crisis to be over. I felt like I would not be able to garden for many days or maybe weeks while these germs were falling out of the sky, so I was very glad that my grandmother had canned food all of her life and taught me how to do the same. The others seemed pretty irritated with me and thought I was risking my boys' lives, but I felt the same way about what they were doing. Before they left out, I went to work in the kitchen. There were dirty dishes and jars stacked up in the sink, among them was a glass kettle. I took it out and washed it, then boiled water in it to sterilize it, then poured that water over the dishes. Then I boiled more water and started pouring it over the counter to sterilize it too. I dug out dust masks and put one on each of my boys and myself, then started scrubbing everything with boiling water. I followed up by spraying everything I couldn't wash with Lysol, and also sprayed everything I DID wash with Lysol, for good measure. This included the door frames and door knobs. I locked the doors and windows before spraying them down as well, and hoped that no one came by asking for help, because I didn't feel like I should open the doors again for some time.

After some time had passed, I did go outside again. It was quiet and the sky was clear. There was a swimming pool out there that I swam in as I looked at the sky. I could smell the chlorine in the pool and actually felt like it was killing any germs that might be anywhere. I thought that the pool water was much safer than what came out of the sink and thought about bringing my boys out to swim... they would think that everything was fine because we were having fun outside again... and I would feel like they were getting clean of any germs. It was win-win.

In the next dream, I had somehow become semi-famous online for something. I was trying (very poorly) to overcome shyness and make connections online. I was to meet with some men online that I hadn't met before and was having a very difficult time trying to figure out what to wear or how to do my hair and makeup. While I was doing this, my brother was also trying to help me make connections with these guys that make youtube videos... which was odd, because my brother and I never got along and haven't talked in MANY years. Eventually, I got dressed up and sat to talk to these men. We talked about many things, and I was showing them this test tube of pink liquid I had made... or rather collected. I called it some sort of nectar and boasted about how I had learned to extract it from flowers and other plants and how the different plants and flowers made different nectars that were like miracle medicines for different ailments. I was pretty excited over this and completely forgot about my shyness... even though the men seemed skeptical. In the dream, I felt so proud, excited and confident in my discoveries.

We ended up scheduling an appointment to meet and discuss important things. The nectar wasn't the main reason for the meeting, but for the life of me, I have no idea what it was that I had done to draw attention to myself. I was ecstatic anyway because I felt like I was being given an opportunity to change the world somehow and I bounced around more excited than I have EVER been! But when the men showed up and we shook hands, there was an earthquake. I have never experienced an earthquake before, and I was terrified, but we were outside on a grassy hill and I looked out into the distance to see balls of fire raining out of the sky. I started to flip out! I was sure this was the end of the world, because as the balls of fire rained down, a wall of fire was coming for us and everything behind it was blazing or had turned to black dust. I was making peace in my mind as the men started freaking out. I was certain this was the end and I was about to die... then suddenly some sort of pod fell out of the sky next to us. It had fallen so hard, that most of it had lodged itself into the ground. It wasn't entirely mechanical, whatever it was. It was somewhat organic and looked a bit like a flower bud with the tip sticking out of the ground. My mind started telling me calmly to get in over and over, so I told the men that we needed to get inside of this pod to survive. suddenly I had my boys with me, and I grabbed them all up and stuck my feet into the tip of this weird pod. It felt soft and slightly damp... it was weird... but I couldn't force myself down there. My mind told me that I needed to come up with a word that would tell it to pull me down, so I decided to tell it to pull me down when I said "lower". I started saying it over and over, and before my head got sucked down, I told the men the keyword so that they could come down with me. I fell inside with my boys, and one by one, two other men joined me. The area was dark. slightly damp and soft/spongy. It was just big enough to hold all three of us without being overly crowded. I wasn't sure what was going to happen to us now... so we sat against the sides of this thing just looking at one another, knowing that we all thought we were about to die.

Suddenly, we heard loud explosions overhead and we felt ourselves fly up. We were shaken and thrown around inside the weird pod as explosions went off all around us. We would have moments of anti-gravity, followed by moments of being plastered to the walls. I could feel that we were bouncing and being tossed in every direction, then we started to gain some kind of control accidentally because we were each thinking very hard in our minds "Please stop bouncing. Please stop bouncing." I know this because I asked when I felt us stop bouncing, and we learned that if we all concentrated together, we could control this weird pod.

We floated in this pod for what felt like forever. After going for what felt like many hours with no more explosions, we decided to land the pod. I volunteered to peep out, with the promise that if anything happened to me, the men would take care of my boys. I came up with the keyword "higher" for the pod to pull me up and out. When I climbed out, I was on another grassy hill. The grass was bright green, the sky was baby blue with just a few white puffy clouds in the distance... with a double rainbow! It was as if someone had painted a picture of a grassy paradise and plopped me right in the middle of it. I yelled to the men inside the pod that everything was all clear, and they sent up my boys before climbing out themselves. I was convinced that God had saved us and brought us here, because it was much more than coincidence that something would save our lives last minute and then bring us to a place that looked as if it were too perfect to even exist.

We walked down the hill a little ways to see a few other people building a sort of small village. The first I saw was a lovely black-haired woman with a small boy, and my mind told me that this would be one of the men's new wife and child. Then there was another woman, this one with dark brown hair and a few small blonde children... this would be the other man's wife and children. My husband wasn't with me.. and I wondered if I would be assigned a new husband and more kids, or if I would find him later. And while the word "assigned" sounds pretty bad as I am typing this out... it didn't FEEL bad. It was as if someone had put the perfect person and children down there for these men. They saw the women and instantly ADORED them, and I could feel that radiate out of them. They loved those children as if they were their own. It was really pretty awesome. Even though what had happened had been HORRIFIC, there was nothing but the feeling of love, joy and excitement where we were. None of us even really thought about what had happened, we all felt a sort of calm comfort and want to rebuild and create. It was a clean slate. A perfect start. And it was all ours! I don't think that we were the only people left though, because I saw in my mind many other tiny groups of people all over the world who were gathered and put together much like we had been.

There was a perfect little clear stream in the valley below the hill. When I saw it, I wanted to cry because it was the cleanest, bluest stream I have ever seen in my life, and my mind was telling me that I needed to go down there and make a garden. I was going to teach everyone how to grow things, especially food... but my mind told me that I could plant whatever I wanted. Whatever I needed would be given to me somehow, and I imagined our little huts covered in passion flowers with lilies growing around the fence we would build for our community garden. You could not imagine how peaceful and content I was feeling...

There were three little booths set up in the middle of the village. One for each of us that arrived in the pod. One had a crane game in it, and I'm not entirely sure what was in the other ones. I had hoped that I would be put in charge of the crane game. I went to check it out and found that the crane game was full of these little rubber animal-shaped toys. The crane game was set up so that everyone who played would win.. and I thought this would be SO exciting for the kids! I looked harder at the toys inside. They were all made of soft rubber and had the most adorable cartoon faces! I was in love with all of these little animal characters! And then I noticed that they all had squeakers in them, which would be awesome for the babies who were teething... and then I noticed that every squeaker was placed right at the butt of the animal... so they all looked like they had little butt...holes. (Sorry.... its just part of the dream...)

Anyway... I thought this was hilarious. I couldn't believe that God would send down a crane game full of these things! He certainly had a sense of humor! I just wondered how many other people would find this funny. I, for one, just couldn't help but laugh at this. I wanted to collect every animal for my children! To play, you didn't really need money. There was a triangular pillar that stood up next to the controls, and you simply pushed it in with the palm of your hand. (It took a bit of force) After you won your animal, the pillar would pop back up for the next person to pull down. My first attempt won me an adorable pink animal of some sort. I think it might have been a cow. I was going to play again, but I noticed that while I was playing, a sort of hut had been built around me, and now there was another crane game. I don't know if anyone remembers "Precious Moments". I haven't seen or heard of these cartoon characters for many, many years... but the other crane game were full of these little Precious Moment dolls, complete with tiny tear-drop shaped eyes. They weren't as funny as the animals, but they were adorable and sweet and I wanted to collect them too. There were hundreds of these little dolls in there and I thought about how much everyone would love them! I thought that the two different crane games, although the prizes were SO different, were just what we needed for the new world. Laughter is the best medicine... and the sweetness of the precious moments dolls were just what we needed because, from what I remember, precious moments was all about love.