Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mandatory Foods
As I slept I dreamed that I went to the market and there was a sign at the door stating "Mandatory Food Purchases are placed in cart, add additional items with in limits allowed only." I was a little baffled by this as it was not something I had ever seen, upon entering the market I took my cart and it was 25 percent filled with plain labeled items that also had the words Government Mandated Foods.
I went on and since we grow most of our own vegetables and fruits, I bypassed the produce isle. As I passed the meat area the sign read "1.5 lb Maximum purchase allowed for Beef and Pork" then when I went further to the poultry area there was a sign reading "Maximum 2 lbs Chicken" So I moved on to the seafood counter and the sign there was really odd. It read "Maximum purchase 1 lb if no other meats are purchased" I got my beef and pork and moved on. Breads were limited to one loaf per customer. canned goods were being handed out as if they were prescriptions from, and the only drinks available were 2 gallons of water per customer.

I woke up when I reached the register and the cashier told me that when I enter they took my photo and I was being issued a card that I would need as identification to purchase groceries.