Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meditation- An offering to Discuss Its Benefits~
I am going to copy and paste a post I made in the Inpiration/Art/etc. section. This part will be redundant so I may delete that post over there. Meditation is quite metaphysical and even has the potential to take us to another realm, so to speak. This fits here, too.

Please consider meditating. Please give it a chance.
Here is a link to NDC's "How to" meditate. *(Nothing is truly hopeless, but many things FEEL hopeless. Meditation harnesses the negative thoughts that provoke our FEELINGS and can give us control of both our thoughts and feelings.)
http://nationaldreamcenter.com/wp/how-to...editation/

I am putting this song's excellent lyrics under this video of the fantastic song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c63i56nnb4

ONE STEP INTO THE LIGHT by the Moody Blues (lyrics at many websites)

One step into the light, one step away from night
It's the hardest step you're gonna take
The ship to take you there, is waiting at the head
Of the stairs that lead up through your opened mind

Above the dark despair, shines a light that we can share
Close your eyes and look up in between your brows
Then slowly breathing in, feel the life force streaming in
Hold it there, then send it back to him

All the old things are returning
Cosmic circles ever turning
All the truth we've been yearning for
Life is our savior, savior, savior, save your soul

The river of living breath, is flowing through the sun
He was there before the earth began
The world will drag on you, use his love to pull you through
Find the mission of your life and start to be

All the old things are returning
Cosmic circles ever turning
All the truth we've been yearning for
Life is our savior, savior, savior, save your soul

There's one thing I can do, play my Mellotron for you
Try to blow away your city blues
Your dreams are not unfound, get your feet back on the ground
The truth will set us free, we cannot lose, we cannot lose
We cannot lose, we just have to choose, we cannot lose

Read more at http://www.songlyrics.com/the-moody-blue...igcAkTk.99
Yet another page using my favorite meditation instruction.
This absolutely is, literally is "antidote for all," for all folks, for all conditions and problems. Heck, it's so simple we can make it difficult by missing the point.

The point is that "silent stillness" is *the* answer for everything in the most sincere and honestly-searching among the human race.

http://antidoteforall.com/
Here is a link to a new thread which has two suggestions of self-defense against psychic attacks. I think this thread has something for everyone.

http://nationaldreamcenter.com/forum18/T...5#pid22475
I'm bumping this thread because I've been the opposite of STILL within more of the time than I have cared to admit for the last month or so.
I need to take my own advice. We all are blessed and facilitate healing when we still our minds as well as bodies.

It's EASTER, the time of rebirth as many of us honor Christ's resurrection. My sincere hope is that we each resurrect within. I think I'll hush and meditate before sleep.

God bless us each.
If anyone is new to meditation (or not) there is a new new free 21 day meditation with Oprah and Deepak which recently began.
https://chopracentermeditation.com
(03-26-2016, 11:02 PM)Nanny Wrote: I'm bumping this thread because I've been the opposite of STILL within more of the time than I have cared to admit for the last month or so.
I need to take my own advice. We all are blessed and facilitate healing when we still our minds as well as bodies.

It's EASTER, the time of rebirth as many of us honor Christ's resurrection. My sincere hope is that we each resurrect within. I think I'll hush and meditate before sleep.

God bless us each.

I've been the opposite of STILL lately too. Thanks for the tap to get me to remember to slow down and quiet the monkey mind.
Goldengirl, I hear ya! I'm disappointed in myself for feeling so comfy with my rushing and not taking the time to practice stillness. Being on auto-pilot has felt normal. Well, guess so since it was normal for most of my life.
(03-27-2016, 08:22 PM)Nanny Wrote: Goldengirl, I hear ya! I'm disappointed in myself for feeling so comfy with my rushing and not taking the time to practice stillness. Being on auto-pilot has felt normal. Well, guess so since it was normal for most of my life.

Nanny-
Stillness is healing, yet remember you just came off one of life's ten major stressors. moving.
Go gently and really enjoy the relaxation a still mind gives both the body/mind and the Soul.
AD, you are of course so right. Stillness separates us from the dark side, therefore from all of its tentacles which are legion. I know this intimately so I guess that's where the "kicking myself temptation" is coming from.
Not right to kick yourself, just thank God for nudging you back on the path, that's what I'm doing right now! Getting ready to move myself, not always liking my reactions to things, BUT if I would stop and take some time, might be better. So, Nanny, THANK YOU!!!
Listen to those nudges. You don't want to end up like me who, when I've dropped out of the present moment and my mind is revving into the red zone so loudly with my thoughts that I can't hear my team, get kicked in the pants somehow to get my attention. That has ranged from knocking over a can of paint onto the carpet and spending hours cleaning it up, which provided hours of being in the moment, to being hit with some sort of flu bug and having no choice but to be still. The team never says it but I imagine them muttering, "Do we have your attention now?" Big Grin

Usually when I'm not present and in the moment, I do something to myself that gets my attention, like walking into a closed door or almost falling off a ladder. Pain is a wonderful attention getter. When that happens, I have to stop, take some slow, deep breaths, and pull myself present again. Sometimes that requires me describing everything I feel and am experiencing at that exact moment. "I'm standing in the hallway. There's a cool breeze coming from the open window. I hear the birds singing. One of the cats is scratching. I'm feeling hot. The tile is cool on the bottoms of my feet. My toe hurts like hell. I hear my breathing." That sort of thing.
I'm being nudged to take care of my energy field. Exploring newly recognized abilities. Being TESTED at every turn. And when I think I'm ok, TESTED again. I keep saying this is my year to get my act together, and that's what TPTB say too! Really, I'm on it TPTB!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Goldengirl, good point. Guess I was being rhetorical about kicking self, but yeah regrets accomplish nothing except maybe encouraging humility.
Yep, feels like this is the year to get ourselves together to be able to ride the coming storm out.

DLP, you nailed it with the dumb accidents we have when we're on auto-pilot being lost in our thoughts. Ditto!!

When I have one of these goofy little accidents and see it was my own fault for mindlessness it works its magic and there i am effortlessly in the moment, in my center.

(03-28-2016, 07:10 AM)Goldengirl Wrote: I'm being nudged to take care of my energy field. Exploring newly recognized abilities. Being TESTED at every turn. And when I think I'm ok, TESTED again. I keep saying this is my year to get my act together, and that's what TPTB say too! Really, I'm on it TPTB!!!

I call those pop quizzes. There's no grading or pass/fail, only the lessons learned.
As long as I keep aware and learning, there's a sense of humor in the messages too. In fact that's one of the ways I recognize them!

New scientific study report that Meditation keeps our brains 7 years younger than our natural age!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...unger.html

Thanks Nanny! Another great reason to keep up the work!
It sure is, and when considered in context of thinking of our inner-child it's downright happy feet. Wink
Elyse, next is a list of the official Endorsements for the fantastic meditation that www.patriotoutreach.org offers for *free* to anyone that wishes to listen to it or download it right from that site. Also, we've handed out countless multi-media CDs which are actually a copy of the website to hundreds of thousands of veterans and active duty troops.

MG (Major General) -
“In my own experience as a commander, I have seen Soldiers make rapid and sustained improvement through use of these [Coping Strategies] CDs. I was relieved to have these CDs available as a tool our Chaplains could hand out to Soldiers and their spouses. Soldiers, who otherwise refused to seek help, benefited by using the CD in the privacy of their home.”

- MG® George R. Harris, recently retired West Point General assigned to the Office of the Secretary of the Army

Wife -
“May I have 10 copies. I am a family member of an active duty soldier. I am also a clinical psychologist working with soldiers who have combat stress and PTSD. I think the cd would be a good resource for my patients."

Thank you, D. L, PsyD RN FNP (Clinical Psychologist)

Army Chaplain -
The Be Still and Know Exercise works for me. It calms my soul, enhances my thinking, and improves my emotional regulation. I am thankful to be a more resilient chaplain. Read the chaplain's letter (PDF)

----Chaplain (LTC), U.S. Army (Southern Baptist)

Walter Reed -
Patriot Outreach Coping Strategies CDs. "I have rendered a positive opinion to TSG (The Surgeon General)."

- Dr. (COL) John Bradley, M.D., Chief of Psychiatry, Walter Reed Army Medical Center

Iraq Warrior -
"This is basic training for the mind!"

- PFC J. Oehring, U.S. Army Infantry (Deployed to Iraq)

Veterans Administration Clinic -
"I received my [Coping Strategies] CD and love it. I would very much like to request 30 more for use at the VA Clinic and to provide to soldiers and families.

This is a wonderful resource!

Thank you," T.P., Addiction Therapist (VA Clinic)

Father Loses Son in Iraq, Joins Marines -
"On the third try, all hell broke loose and it was an epiphany... It energizes me, it enlightens me and it gives me strength... I am ready and proud."

- Mike, U.S. Marine Corps, Deployed to Iraq

Sergeant USMC -
"Thank you, It saved my Life! The peace and joy I now enjoy makes life worthwhile! "

- SGT J. Shiposki, U.S. Marine Corps, (Homebound Quadriplegic)

Air Force Chaplain -
“The distribution of these [Coping Strategies] CD's has been a great success.
My thanks to the Lord and staff. I have been busy at the Mass Military Reservation on-base. Units from all over New England come here.
May I request 50 more CD's. One veteran has commented 'thanks for looking out for us!"

Respectfully, B. C., U.S. Air Force

Doctor -
“Hello I am a Professional Counselor in private practice and a volunteer in the 'Give An Hour' program. I anticipate needing no less than 6 copies of this product to use in conjunction with current and future active therapy cases. If you can supply this request i will be grateful.

Thank You,” Major W. K.

Navy Vet, Vietnam -
"Amazingly, it (the Exercise) keeps showing and reaping benefits. I've never been more patient and alive. The secret is in the watchful observance without struggle."

- L. Brown U.S. Navy, Gulf of Tonkin, Vietnam

Iraq Warrior -
"I am no longer in denial of what happened in Iraq. I am freed. The exercise helped me overcome my past; it;s not haunting me any longer. it's a winner!!"

- PFC J.M., U.S. Army, Anbar Province, Iraq 2004-2005

Lastly, hearing from a Civilian Physician...

Dr. George Hayter, M.D., Psychiatrist and Diplomat of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, says the Exercise "…is the only program of self-therapy which achieves the desired end-state of therapy; to lessen the dependence on the therapist – the goal is self-awareness.” Also, he says, “It’s the only approach that I have ever seen in the whole field of psychology which allows you to become independent, competent and effective.”
THANK YOU so much, Nanny! I am downloading it now!