Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spencer comes to Work Term
Friday October 17, 2014

I am back up in for work term. My dog Spencer is living with me this term, which is awesome because I always miss him unbearably when I'm away from home. It's daytime, and we're at my apartment. The apartment is a good size, with a livingroom and kitchen space in the front of the building and my bedroom and bathroom in the back portion of the building. The apartment isn't particularly large, but it is on the second floor with three exterior walls that have a lot of windows. The building itself sits adjacent to a lake with a willow tree casting itself over the surface. There is grass around the lake and the complex and trees behind the lake. The setting is beautiful and the apartment feels open. It's daytime and Spencer has to go out, but I can't let him out because I'm not allowed to have a dog here. I just have to wait for the leasing office to close, which shouldn't be more than an hour or so since I worked today. I leave and get wrapped up in a huge federal investigation and murder case. This is the bulk of the dream, and it took maybe four hours, but I don't remember much of it. Something about an orange sports car. It took place in a city or downtown. I return and it's sunset.
I go inside and greet my boy. Spencer is laying on the couch facing the door, and I sit next to him and pet him. One of his front teeth falls out, and this reminds me of when he lost his baby teeth. But he's too old for this... it's not healthy for him to be loosing teeth. I'll have to ask the dentist if he is able to put the tooth back. A second tooth quietly falls out, almost as if to contradict my idea. I realize he has missed a meal and I feel terrible. This must be due to malnutrition. But it was only one night! A third tooth falls out. I realize he relies upon his kibble to clean his teeth. It hasn't been able to do that. A tiny little tooth falls out. It's so small. At least the pieces are getting smaller. Maybe this tooth is so small it won't affect him to loose it. A fourth tooth falls out and then a fifth, massive tooth falls out. I catch the big tooth in my hand and look at it. It looks like the crushing-type teeth in the back of a human's mouth, not a dog's. This one goes bone-deep, there is no way they will be able to put it back. One last, sixth tooth falls out. This time it's tiny again. I feel absolutely terrible. My dog is decaying right before my very eyes. There was more to the dream, but I don't remember the rest.