Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Island Damage
While I haven't had any recent stimuli about the Pacific Islands, I must preface this with the fact I spent 3-years of military service in Hawaii, and is how I instantly recognized the location (though this was 30-years ago).
- - -

I had a quick dream last night, where I was in 'ethereal overview' of where I now live. It was if I was 'ascending until I was several miles above the earth (almost a satellite view perspective). I quickly 'flew' West, out over the Pacific and slowed as I approached the Hawaiian Islands. I began to descend to a 'helicopter' level (a few thousand feet) above the island of Oahu on the Windward Side (viewing from the Polynesian Cultural Center, eastward, towards Kaneohe and Kailua). At first, it was green and lush and tropically beautiful.

As I descended though, I noticed that it was cloudy, heavy overcast (made me think of the 'rainy season' that comes in February, give or take). Then, looking at the towns up against the Ko'olau's, I noticed they weren't active. There was no lights, there was dirt and debris and broken material everywhere. A water line up the side of the mountain was better than 500-feet above ocean level. Many homes and businesses were terribly destroyed. It looked like an after-view of the latest Japanese Tsunamis, their aftermath.

There were no lights on. There were no people. It was like the whole Windward Side was abandoned, lifeless. One impression, one phrase comes to me, 'it is over here'.