Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My haircut that I thought was a "candid camera" punking experience....for a moment~
Well, here I was HOME in Texas at last, in fact in my sixth day. Went to get a hair TRIM. I wear my hair layered and above my shoulders, well-above in fact. Typical retired-soccer-mom look, I think.

There she was, this bouncy, great-spirited hair-stylist and so I sat down. She had a very broken accent, being am immigrant from Costa Rica. I had seen the lady she cut and colored before me. That gal's hair looked awesome.
I touched the back sides of my head, saying I wanted her to "cut a little" here and here. She said "a little here! and a little here! as she touched it. I of course thought everything was fine.

She cut in that area first and I couldn't see how short, then she went to town on the rest of my head and it was too late....I soon found myself saying "you better leave me my bangs and part!" it was that bad...both of my sisters were in the room and just stiffening up, as no one could do a thing to save my hair, LOL....one or two very short cuts and it had to be finished.
THEN....the unthinkable happened! Not exaggerating.......she had put something in my hair. I thought it was a dry-hair conditioner. but nope......

she started spiking my hair on top of my head and I was in shock....I said in as friendly of a stern voice as I could....cuz this gal was sweet-spirited....."Oh no! I don't wear my hair sticking out even on Halloween!!" and she quickly brushed it back down. There *I* am in shock, thinking I was being punked for some silly TV hidden cam show! Nope....I had just had the majority of my hair cut....felt like my head had been raped actually and yet the gal was innocent, mostly.

I was secretly mad, in shock and couldn't believe it, and yet figured yeah, if anything this nuts happened to anyone I know...it'd be ME. The gal said "no money" "you aren't happy" but I paid anyway and got out of there so I could cry a few PO'ed tears, I mean this was drastic and nuts! Did I ride in there on a Harley, wearing a leather jacket?? LOLLL nope....

It hit me that it was a language barrier thing and only now can I laugh a bit at it and thank God that the day I got it cut, Farmer's almanac said it was a good day to cut things for them to grow fast.
I had said "cut a little" here and there, and she cut it so that I HAD a "little" here and there!!

Now I tell ya, it was humbling after it was shocking and irritating to the max. Maybe...just maybe it happened to me instead of to someone else, sparing them, teaching the stylist to ask more questions AS she starts to cut and to humble me for some reason I didn't know I needed humbling. Oh, and to teach the beauty shop owner to not hire folks with a severe language barrier??

Seriously, I'm likely to RUN from a stylist with a strong accent if I have one offer to style my hair ever again. If that makes someone think me a racist, LOL I won't care. (seriously, I"ll handle such a situation kindly, if it occurs but I will NOT offer myself to be victimized like this again. Oh, and I'm taking biotin every 12hours, eating healthy oils and such, to encourage hair growth, LOL! fart)

Messages In This Thread
My haircut that I thought was a "candid camera" punking experience....for a moment~ - by Nanny - 03-27-2016, 08:49 PM