Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
70's Revisited
(05-02-2016, 09:09 AM)Michaelg60 Wrote: Skeeter, I grew up in Dallas and am living here again. What you write makes me think of Eben Alexander's book, Proof of Heaven, A Neurosurgeon's journey into the afterlife. Could our memories after we leave only remember the positive and avoid weighing us down with the negative? Keep the positive and let the negative go? Maybe that is what I'm supposed to learn from your posts...anyway thanks for your insights!

You know, I have actually considered this - but once you start to 'manipulate' dreams (assuming from a higher plane), then you also instantly (should) raise the question - is this done for 'good' or for 'evil' purposes? While I can see it being done, like selective amnesia to prevent 'later soul-suffering' by those 'deemed innocent' so that they don't torment on life-actions; HOWEVER, you must keep in mind that the greatest atrocities have been committed in the absence of accurate historical memory, too.

The old adage, 'those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it', is more than true - it is fact.

That said, this would imply that memory may be being manipulated for evil purposes then, as likely as for good ones. Thus, the fact is simple, ONLY TRUTH should be present! Anything other than truth is a lie, whether a kind-and-benevolent one, or an evil-black one. When it is done in the blatant face of one who knows the accuracy of the past, then it begins to look like political spin and manipulation, which then leads down a very dark hole. To this, I asked the question - for what purpose does 'memory manipulation' serve. While I fielded the question to all, seeing if others had experienced this, I somewhat asked this rhetorically in my own perspective, as I am quite convinced it has more bad-than-good intentions, but I cannot come to any explanation that would most-likely sit well with others.

The problem with old age, is that you start spending more time trying to ask (and answer) those questions you didn't care about when you were young (when you could have done more about setting the right path to begin with).

Also, keep in mind one other thing - a great movie that somewhat touches on this very 'effect' is the movie 'Overboard' with Goldie Hawn. While it is the 'fairy tale' story for general family viewing, imagine if it were done in today's world in a real setting.

You get amnesia, the truth of your past is forgotten, and now the one who puts the new ideas in your head knows BOTH the truth, and the manipulated story. You might have been well-educated, but they convince you to work in a field digging onions all day for $1. You had money, but now they have you starving on the street because you don't remember you have a house or cash to provide for yourself. You don't remember your old job or how to do it, so while you might be a 'blank slate', you also have no marketable skills to do anything right now. NOTHING, except be totally dependent on them! This is the ONLY THING that comes out of amnesia. You forget, or believe the new story, and you end up thanking your new master.

I just can't get any good from amnesia or altered-memory, whatsoever. If you are good, then you remember the pain of the past. It defines you, strengthens you, TEACHES YOU, and broadens you. Without it, you are a grazing sheep in the field, waiting for the butcher's truck to show up. No thanks, on a personal level.

Thanks, Michaelg60 - I think you have helped me see deeper into where the source of these oft-occurring dreams and visions are coming from. It 'adds to the palette', so to speak.

Messages In This Thread
70's Revisited - by Skeetersaurus - 04-30-2016, 01:40 PM
RE: 70's Revisited - by esholars - 04-30-2016, 02:11 PM
RE: 70's Revisited - by Skeetersaurus - 04-30-2016, 03:32 PM
RE: 70's Revisited - by Nanny - 04-30-2016, 09:08 PM
RE: 70's Revisited - by Skeetersaurus - 05-01-2016, 05:59 AM
RE: 70's Revisited - by Cassandra - 05-01-2016, 08:44 AM
RE: 70's Revisited - by Nanny - 05-01-2016, 10:15 AM
RE: 70's Revisited - by Michaelg60 - 05-02-2016, 09:09 AM
RE: 70's Revisited - by Skeetersaurus - 05-02-2016, 04:19 PM
RE: 70's Revisited - by Richard Holland - 05-02-2016, 01:47 PM