Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is "The Wave" a symbol?
A few nights ago I had a wave dream - Big Waves hit a resort

I got to thinking about the dream. I haven't lived through a tsunami, but from what I've read, what I saw wasn't a tsunami. The water didn't roll out into the wave, leaving the shore dry until the wave finally comes in, and simply pushes over everything. I've additionally done a lot of shore diving, where I've had to go through waves, sometimes quite large. In my dream, a huge wave hit me, and I barely had to hold on. That's not what happens in even a small wave. When I had wave dreams 7-8+ years ago, I was always going to a local pool or hunkering down in my house, and after "the wave" went through I had to hold on for dear life, and afterwards I had to climb up through the water over 100 feet only to see the nearest land was miles away when I reached the surface. And that was with the waves coming to my house that was about 900 feet above sea level.

Reading descriptions in other dreams, while a wave is there, I don't get the impression of a real oceanic wave. If it wasn't a real wave, that indicated it was symbolic. Engineer that I am, I decided I'd be scientific and try an intention - "Tonight I will dream about what symbolic meaning of the waves are in the dreams, when the first wave hit, and when the next wave will hit". This is what I got Impressionist Painting of a wave.

Maybe my intention was too specific and guided what I got as a dream. Or maybe I got a real hit, and "The Wave" is symbolic of something else. "The Wave" hits Hawaii to Florida in different dreams? Hmmm, it sweeps from one end of the country to the other? That would destroy the entire country if not the entire world, and yet people see something beyond that. Doesn't seem like it could be a real wave to me.

A wave could be a lot of things. A long time ago, I had some dreams where a pin would hit, and like a tuning fork there was a resonance that grew and grew and grew, eventually going from the point of origin through the whole world. In my mind I knew it meant an idea, a meme. For the United States rebellion seems to be the big meme right now; Ferguson wasn't it, and I don't think "I can't breath" is it either, but lots of people are trying to push it. I don't think the general feel of the wave dreams are of a positive nature, but Eagle1 had some ideas in his comment on my dream that fit what I got. I'd like to think there is a positive wave that is going to sweep across the country, maybe it will start on one part of the country or the other and sweep across the nation.

I guess I'm wondering about two things at this point - how specific is "too specific" on an intention, and has anybody else been successful in refining their intentions after a dream?

Messages In This Thread
Is "The Wave" a symbol? - by MTB_forums - 12-12-2014, 02:17 AM
RE: Is "The Wave" a symbol? - by Eagle1 - 12-12-2014, 09:40 AM
RE: Is "The Wave" a symbol? - by Alexander - 12-12-2014, 11:29 AM
RE: Is "The Wave" a symbol? - by ThePaladin - 12-13-2014, 01:00 AM
RE: Is "The Wave" a symbol? - by Eagle1 - 12-13-2014, 10:48 AM
RE: Is "The Wave" a symbol? - by MTB_forums - 12-13-2014, 11:06 PM
RE: Is "The Wave" a symbol? - by ThePaladin - 12-14-2014, 12:07 AM