Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The New Year Run - Something to play with....
(01-08-2015, 01:25 AM)Nanny Wrote: Excellent idea!~ hats off to ya...but how were these bot runs separate or I mean how did the results turn out differently from the regular daily runs for those dates? If all available, known-about dreams are utilized for the  daily runs then my simple mind doesn't get how this run or set of runs brought new dream words.

If you look at today's run http://nationaldreamcenter.com/forum18/s...hp?tid=525 as in any other daily run, the Bot program is set to seek out the top 30 or so words that have had a surge since the day before. That's the part that Chris highlights in yellow. The word with the biggest surge is at the top. Next, in the left column, is the all time highest % in the peak of the word. So, the daily run is based on word surges and essentially operates in real time from day to day. That's why Chris often mentions that headlines are nearly impossible to produce based on one daily run. It's the accumulation of repetitive words and how they are surging or falling back over a few days or even a week or sometimes longer that produce a better idea of what may be coming 'down the pike'.

What happened with the New Year run wasn't based on any type of surge. It was based on the number of times a word showed up during the 5 days from December 30 - January 3, 2015. It's a snapshot of what was going on in people's unconscious during that time period as a whole. Here again, headlines would be very difficult to come by based on that one run but if dreams are posted into the NDC Dreambase that match up with a phrase in the run and/or future daily Bot runs play into the set, there is a much better chance of being able to produce a headline for the future.

Chris can correct any glitches in my response....

Anyway, it's an experiment to fill the gap while we wait for Paradigm 3 to be re-launched.... Cool

(01-07-2015, 10:31 PM)Eagle1 Wrote: Although their statistics invariably did not nor could not find causality between the two, the correlation looks pretty dog gone strong. Great article if all the numbers are true! Very nice indeed. I think we've been programmed into thinking that human nature is all total evil unless there's some big brother out there keeping us in line.

"Although their statistics invariably did not nor could not find causality between the two, the correlation looks pretty dog gone strong."

I actually understand that now that I'm into the MOOC Parapsychology course. *L*

Messages In This Thread
RE: The New Year Run - Something to play with.... - by Sherriann - 01-08-2015, 07:20 PM