Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dallas Texas
After reading another post regarding a blast in Dallas I recall a particularly vivid dream about a year ago with the same general subject.
Have lived in Dallas, I knew in my dream I was on the East side of downtown, underneath some of the interstate exchanges in an industrial area. I was driving around in a panic looking for a shelter. I didn't know why. It was as if I knew something was going to happen and I needed cover. I couldn't find any so I pulled my car in close to a concrete wall under an overpass putting the wall between me and downtown Dallas.
A few seconds later, a huge (nuclear? asteroid impact? never was sure) explosion tore through the entire city. My vehicle managed to survive, as well as I but as I drove out minutes later it was a new world with scenes reminiscent of the photos of Hiroshima. There was very little signs of life and any wooden structures, trees, etc. were just gone. It was sunny. There wasn't much smoke other than small fires. The skyscrapers were blasted, all the glass gone and some partially broken/bent/melted in the sky.
What followed in the dream was my mission to drive back home (near Mockingbird Ave. and SMU) to find my family. I woke with a profound feeling of hopelessness and loss.