Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange Dream
The dream begins with a collage of scenes like a Cagall painting that seem to have no connections to each other. Then, suddenly, I'm with a group of six or seven men dressed in suits. Their ties are loosened as if they'd just gotten off work. The dream becomes more "real" in texture at this point. I'm also wearing a suit, which in itself is strange. I haven't worn a suit since I peddled penny stocks to over confident investors during the high times of the late 1990s. Anyway, I walk away from this group and find myself in front of a tall building, maybe five or six stories high. The step's area is of glass with aluminum dividers. I can see inside the lobby to an exit on the other side where I see daylight at the far windows. It could be an apartment building or an office building. Sitting on the front steps of this building is a boy and girl in their mid teens joking and laughing with each other. They look vaguely like Native Americans, but I'm not sure. I open one of the double glass doors of the building and enter. I have no idea what the building is or where I'm going. I find myself on a gently curving cream-yellow passageway with a very high ceiling that I can't really see. The walls are the same color as the floor, and the lighting just seems to be there. There are no light fixtures that I can see, and there are no windows. And I keep walking. I begin to think that I'm in a pyramid (the surroundings felt as hard as I imagine a pyramid to be). It was either a pyramid, I thought, or I was walking up the slightly undulating path to the interior of an alien space ship. All this is very vivid to me and very unlike a dream. The floor is slightly inclined as if I'm proceeding higher. I sense the passage's hardness, that is, the "feel" of the concrete hard walls, floor and the ceiling that I can't really see. About ten feet above my head it begins to shadow. I thought this was strange because in my dreams things are never that solid. There's a "dreamlike" ambiance to most of them. This particular dream began with this dreamlike quality, and then changed to this more solidified quality once I got on the path that was maybe six feet wide. As I continue walking,I begin to wonder what might be at the end, what will I find. I keep walking until I begin to worry that there is no end to it. I keep walking anyway. Then, as I continue, I begin to feel uncomfortably claustrophobic. That's when I wake up. I can recall this dream as if I'm having it now. And the cream-yellow passageway with the hard, slightly pitted walls is an image that stands out clear as crystal in my mind. I still wonder what I would have found had I continued.