Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gulf Oil Disaster
05-26-2010
This dream comes from the perspective of an individual who is not myself, as it is experienced as though I am seeing what another is seeing. This is not an uncommon occurrence in my dreams.
We, meaning, I and several other people, are sitting in a control room, waiting with bated breath for something in our hopes to occur. The prevalence of this emotion is very apparent, as the blue light from the multitude of LCD monitors is hitting everyone's stressed faces. I see these expressions shift suddenly to potent looks of disappointment, to recognition of failure. I turn back to the screens. The well-head is either gone or tipped over, blown out from the sea floor. There is a geyser of oil rushing up from the rock. No one says anything for an extended amount of time, and I recognize that this is because we are all thinking the same thing, we are all captured, no, paralyzed by the same fear. Nothing within our capabilities can be done to stop this. And even if it is stopped, by the time this happens, the impact will be immense in scale compared to before.