Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brain Surge
I was letting my thoughts wander as I was getting ready to let myself drift off. I wasn"t really asleep or even half asleep, just letting my consciousness relax and do its own thing. Quite suddenly, I experienced what I can only describe as a power surge inside my head. It was much like the experience of turning on a light switch and having the bulb blow out immediately. It came with a visual sensation of a small bright flash that had two parts to it, a red foreground and a white background. The initial flash was in the shape of a diamond, and it had two tails that shot out from it horizontally. The sensation was a lot like the flash of a camera, (I considered the potential for an unwelcomed guest photographing me as I fell asleep and decided that was nearly impossible; the doors were locked and we would have heard somebody break in—again, I wasn"t fully asleep). The strangest part about it was I had had a visual sensation. I actually saw this, it wasn"t just a strange feeling, however I saw it inside of my head because my eyes were closed. It was as if I saw it behind my eyes. I have never seen anything while my eyes were closed that I wasn"t purposefully imagining. It was inside of my head yet from an external source. I know this was not my imagination because I felt a dull pain inside my brain after the fact, which lasted for at least 20 minute. I asked my fiancé if she felt it. She said she hadn"t. However, about ten minutes later she DID experience it as well. She described it to me and it was exactly the same experience that I had felt ten minutes earlier.