Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stress Quake
I was checked in to a temporary residence, a large sprawling house with many bedrooms, with many other people... coed. I was on an 'educational leave' from work for some kind of training at a University. It was like a Frat house. We all got to know each other and got along well, and had been together for several days. This was to last for two weeks. The house was near some lava rock saltwater pools in the lowlands near the ocean such as we have in Hilo Hawaii. This is a tsunami inundation zone. One morning we felt a gentle jarring and rocking... nothing severe. Several of us commented: "Oh, we've had a small earthquake. Stress fractures on the volcano. Happens all the time here."
Within minutes there was a police helicopter overhead with a loudspeaker, announcing, "Get out of your rooms! We have an earthquake and tsunami. Head for higher ground!" I began to run for higher ground. The shortest path was wading across the shallow tidepools to get to the road on the other side. There were tidal surges coming into the pools behind me as I climbed the opposite bank and headed up the road and toward higher ground inland. Then I woke up.
Back in reality...George wrote about a solar CME coming and to watch for earhquakes. Vanuatu had the 7.4 back on Tues. or Wed. It is now Saturday morning. As I booted the computer to write this I checked the earthquake list. No new severe earthquakes. But my geomagnetic storm monitor flagged severe red, and the electron flux from satellites in orbit has gone nutz. Clearly the CME has arrived with a geomagnetic impact.
The weird part is that I almost never remember my dreams, and thought I would never be logging them here.