Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police state
I had this dream last night, and it seemed to go on forever. I'll try to just hit the highlights.
I was working in a store when things started to go bad. People were running in the streets, and big military vehicles rumbled past. My friend and I left the store and ran to the Canadian border, which was parklike and not far away. People were lined up to get out of the US. Those that had their passports were admitted into Canada by the armed guards at the border. I realized I couldn't cross because my passport was back at the house.
We went back to the shop with the intent to secure it from looters, but the military was going door to door and arresting anyone who didn't have identification. We ran out the back door of the shop, and started heading for the house. We passed a barge moored on the river which was covered in workers erecting a tall chainlink fence topped with razor wire on the barge. I knew they were going to use it to contain people and ship them somewhere.
We ran through back alleys, avoiding patrols. At one point we were trapped and had to jump into the river and swim underwater to the harbor, where we took cover under the docks. I think my mom was with us now.
The water was very cold, so we worked our way over to a dockside restaurant and climbed up onto the patio when no one was looking. It was evening, and getting dark now. The server came out and tried to hide his surprise at our presence. For some reason my mom and I were wearing evening gowns. We tried to act casual and hoped the server wouldn't notice we were sopping wet.
He brought us drinks, and mentioned how much he hated the gestapo. We were trying to decide if we should ask him for help when the dream ended.