Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When failure is a success
10/31/11

The following dream took the entire night to complete. I was assigned the task to construct a road for a very modest building. My immediate supervisor was an older brunette woman. I began my task with very limited resources all work was being done by hand. As best I could I was cobble stoning a rather crude road. After the first day my supervisor asked me whether or not I could complete the job by the next day. If not she would bring in extra help. She didn't seem upset at all; as a matter of fact she looked at me admiringly. I was confused by her demeanor. I viewed my lack progress and saw the poor quality of what I had accomplished so far, I told her I could not. I was mortified at my failure. My supervisor said no problem and reacted as if she was completely pleased with me. Her reaction stunned me as I fully expected to be dismissed.

What happened next overwhelmed me, one by one construction workers filed in bringing with them larger and larger pieces of heavy equipment. Soon what had began as a simple road was being transformed into a super freeway. Huge excavations were undertaken, cement trucks were busily pouring huge foundations. Outside the very modest building a very large freeway exchange was in the process of being created. I walked the construction site with nothing to do, with the dread of being dismissed for being useless, however; each and every time I encountered my supervisor she just smiled at me approvingly and comment on the fine progress. I was baffled. As the construction was nearing completion I began to realize that I was not going to be dismissed. As I spoke with other they addressed me as if I was somehow responsible for the construction. I came upon some dark paint and dipping my hand in it I left a palm print on a freshly cemented wall.