Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient Treasure of the Incas

Ancient Treasure of the Incas

Dreamed 11/01/2011 3 AM EST, 04:38 LST

I dreamed that the wreck of a Spanish Treasure Galleon had been found, perfectly preserved in very deep, cold water. Many small treasures from the Incas had been found. They were stored on the ship, individually packed into small handwoven baskets, with colored stripes on some of the basket reeds. Each basket had a fitted top of basketry, so that you could not see the small treasure without taking off the lid.

The wreck was so perfectly preserved that even the tiny baskets were intact. The salvagers decided to seal each basketed treasure in a tough, thin plastic envelope, right there at the bottom of the sea.

A sailor let me handle one of the treasures. The package fit comfortably in the palm of my hand. I could clearly see the Incan basket through the plastic, still in the silty seawater. It was heavy in my hand. I wondered if the greater treasure was the basket, or the treasure within it. I could feel the treasure within the basket, within the seawater, within the plastic. It was knobby and irregular, possibly a statue or a metal part of some larger object. I longed to open the plastic and the basket, and take it out, but felt just as strongly that it must remain untouched and preserved.

"Do we know what's inside the basket?" I asked the sailor.
"Well, we've X-rayed it, but the results are inconclusive." he replied.

I had a feeling that the salvagers were not planning to open any of these treasures, ever.

That image seemed most significant; a treasure in a basket, in the seawater, in the plastic. Sealed forever.
=========
Comments;
The treasure reminds me a bit of an unborn baby in the womb; a true treasure in a basket (placenta) in seawater (amniotic fluid), in a tough, yet flexible envelope that lets you feel part of the treasure (Mom!)
But why did the salvagers hide every bit of treasure so meticulously? Was it Inca gold, or something more ancient and dangerous, a machine from the distant past, for example.