Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College students evacuate flood area
Last night (7/11/10) I had a vivid dream of being a college student on a bus with many other students--not sure where we weregoing, maybe to an organized activityor home for break? Anyway, I was caught up in my own thoughts and not paying attention and, the next thing I knew, the bus driver (a very serious looking man who seemed to me to be a military official though he didn't have a uniform on as far as I could tell) was telling us that the area was about to be flooded and we would all have to evacuate immediately.Other buses would be provided to take us wherever we wanted but we would need to decide where we wanted to go. I don't know exactly what part of the country this was--it seemed to be my college town in the NY Finger Lakes area but I don't know for sure. It was raining hard but we hadn't heard anything about a flood risk so we were all very surprised. The serious man was concentrating on driving and he was getting annoyed as the shocked and panicky students pestered him with questions. I was about to ask for more information but he gave me a very angry look and I didn't. It was almost like he had already told us all about the flood but we hadn't heard him or hadn't been paying attention and he wasn't going to repeat himself for dummies like us. I decided I was going to head to my parent's house in upstate NY even though I didn't want to. My bus stopped near an even bigger bus and I got off in the soaking rain and climbed on the bigger bus. I had nothing but the clothes on my back and I was very angry at myself for being caught unprepared. Then I woke up.