Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boston Harbor Bombing
I was in my boyfriends' family's living room, as part of another dream I had been having.It was morning and I was sitting in front of the television in my bathrobe, watching the news. I had had previous knowledge that an event was about to occur, and had such avoided going on a trip. Suddenly, there was breaking news of an explosion in Boston. Instead of feeling sad or surprised, I felt slightly satisfied/relieved that I had in fact avoided such a fate, as this was in fact the knowledge that I had obtained earlier. It was then when I remembered that my mother had traveled to Boston, and an overwhelming sense of dread/despair entered the dream.The news cut in again and I entered this partial floating state in my dream where I was both viewing it from the living room as if on television, and hovering above the scene of the accident. I could hear the news anchor say that a bomb had gone off on a cruise ship in Boston Harbor, near Newton, MA (which I know is much farther inland, but regardless), killing dozens and injuring many more. This accident had also affected a plane taking off from Logan Airport--my mother's plane. I was suddenly looking at a series of photographs that showed the harbor skyline, and comparing them with the scene of the accident, confirming that it was indeed Boston Harbor. The feeling of dread increased as I scanned the crowd looking for her face in the survivors. I spotted it, seemingly the only blonde-headed woman in a sea of dark-haired people, looking completely unscathed. The intense relief I felt was overpowering and lasted for several minutes in the dream, coming in intense, painful waves.I also remembered that my good friend had been on the cruise ship that had been bombed. I zoomed into the dream and was suddenly standing on the partially-submerged cruise ship, next to my friend, as she explained that several Russian children had gone below the waterline and "refused" to come out. In the dream I remember thinking this wouldn't make sense as they would undoubtedly drown, but I helped her "coax" them out along with other divers. The water was extremely light blue, almost tropical. The dream ended with flames, and my friend embracing me and sobbing as people around us moaned and screamed.