Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glimpse at Future/FLEE/SEEK SHELTER event near Washington, DC
Submitted Aug 22, 2010 . Occurred Feb 2010. I was awake - not a dream.
In the morning rush hour I stoppedcoffee in Alexandria , VA at a busy main street intersection.
There was traffic when I went in. As I came out, I looked left and right, saw no traffic,started crossing the street diagonally to the right to go to my car parked down the street. As I stepped out a few steps, I felt nervous about something behind me up the street, even though I had just looked in that direction, so I turned to the left.
As I looked behind me up the street, the whole scene was strange, so strange that I froze in mid step. The hair went up on the back of my neck and I realized something was happening but I could not figure out what. The Strange Scene was grayish and fuzzy and almost like looking at a two dimensional movie screen. The lighting was dark with black clouds like in a storm. There was no traffic. not a parked car or person in sight. The street was totally abandoned. I noticed many for sale,closed, and for rent signs. I thought it looked like an old Wild West movie with the old abandoned ghost town scene and the only thing missing was the tumble weeds blowing down the street. Just then a strong gust of wind blew into my face making a loud noise like a WHOOOSH, and I could hear things (leaves and paper trash?) tinkle/flutter/rub against the road and sidewalks as they blew along. There were no tumble weeds, but the wind gust broke my trance and I had a VERY INTENSE sense of DANGER!!! I felt an urge to TAKE COVER! But since I was standing in the middle of the road, now facing up the street, my mind thought maybe I am sensing someone coming from down the street driving toward my back. So I turned around, looked down the street, saw no cars or people, nothing, and now almost running, crossed the street to my car. The Strange Scene lasted maybe 10 seconds.
As I got to my car, I looked back up the street -- the Strange Scene was gone!!! No fuzziness, no wind, and the lighting was much brighter. The view was now definitely three dimensional and normal, but I KNEW something strange had happened. I strongly believed it was a glimpse of the future . I stood at my carlooking up the street. I closed and opened my eyes several times to see if the Strange Scene would reappear -- it did not.
I went on autopilot and rushed to work. I have thought often about this for the past 6 months.
- For Sale/Closed signs. I have been on that street many times since. I did not count the signs in the Strange Scene so do not know if there were more than I noticed on the next day when I returned to that street, although it seemed like more in the Strange Scene. The signs have gotten fewer since and there is a business upturn. In the Strange Scene, the economy will be worse with more signs.
- Abandoned Streets. That area is full of shops, businesses, restaurants, and townhouses. There are always street traffic, people walking, panhandlers, and street musicians. I would expect to see the same even with a worse economy. This was different -- totally abandoned streets as if people had taken shelter inside, but with no cars parked on the streets, it is more likely they had already fled the area.
- Wind gust and dark clouds. Alexandria is across the Potomac River from Washington but down stream. In the Strange Scene, looking up the street at the black clouds and sensing DANGER was in the direction of Washington; the strong wind gust came down the street from the direction of Washington, causing me to turn away with an urge to TAKE COVER.
I think, maybe, the Strange Scene was a Glimpse at a Future FLEE/SEEK SHELTER event near Washington , sometime after the economy has had a major down turn.