Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of life as we know it...
I usually dream every night in some form or fashion. Most of the details get lost and I'm left with an impression about what was dreamt. Last night's was different in the sense I remember most of the details. The last dream like this that I can remember was about my grandparents' house being on fire with me in it (probably 15 years ago). The house at the time was already sold and moved to a different location, but it burned half way down before the new owner could put it out!
Last night's dream was about severe weather. I was with my wife and friends in a house that "was ours" with our things, but it was different than my current house. We were in an area that felt like where I live now, but subtly different. It was at the top of a hill in a residential area overlooking semi-open fields dotted with houses down to a busy neighborhood street. The begining felt like most normal days when storm clouds began to form from the south? The storms were of normal nature until a tornado developed and moved torwards us and the house. Duck and cover ensued and while we were fine, the house had some damage to the windows, roof, and most other things normally associated with tornadoes. We looked outside and to our surprise, even more tornadoes had formed. I'm not sure how many, but the feeling was 10+. They battered the house again and again. While this was scary, only minimal damaged occured during these twisters. The worst of it was the driving rain that had penetrated the house. Once they were gone, the skies cleared and a monster tsunami was washing over the neighborhood below. The crest of it pushed towards us but it only flooded the house up to our knees. he devastation left in the neighborhood below us was catastrophic. The road was completely washed away. There were bodies laying in the mud. Houses were falling into the canyon made by the receding water. There was no question:Life as we knew it had changed in the blink of an eye...