Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleeping Volcano Wakes Up
In my dream, there was always a dormant volcano in my town (there is not in my waking life). It began smoking. A lot of thick, dark smoke. I was in my office at work. There was a skylight overhead from which I could see the volcano smoking. I was talking with someone. I looked up and suddenly noticed that the cone had built up quickly and it seemed that it was looming directly overhead. Falling rocks suddenly hit the skylight but did not break it. I went outside and rocks being ejected from the volcano were falling everywhere, doing damage. Buildings would protect people for a while but if you were hit directly you would surely be seriously injured. The sky was dark and getting darker north and south of the volcano, like it was producing a dark thunderstorm.

I received a message from a volunteer at another work site, closer to the volcano. The note said they had to close. I showed it to my boss, saying we should close for the day, just to be safe. He reluctanly agreed. As I was leaving the area, I noticed that the skies were clearing and a check stop of soldiers was packing up to leave. The terain had become dusty and dry, like a mountainous but competely dry desert area.