Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buried myself in a snowbank
I had this dream two mornings prior. Have I been too occupied with the November tipping point?!
As I remember it...
... I was standing by the crew truck of the godfather of grunge musician as he was talking to his band about their show that night. I was in awe and felt nervous. I told him I was a big fan and would like to attend his show. We were in SLC as far as I could discern. It felt like my hometown. He said something to me a little perturbed and then I heard the classic bomb dropping whistle (think Looney Tunes here). Everybody started looking up to the sky. My heart pounded; I couldn't see it! I then started to move around to look for a place to take cover. I was in the open in the middle of a good size parking lot. I was scanning all the cars trying to decide which one to take cover under. I spotted a "lifted" ford truck, something I could actually fit under and was relatively heavy; meanwhile the whistling got louder as the bomb neared. Just as i started to head for the Ford I heard/felt the explosion in the distance. I saw a mushroom cloud develop over the tops of some buildings. It had hit a few miles off. I immediately started running in the opposite direction at full sprint. I ran to the adjoining street and looked right around the corner of the nearest building and saw some mounded snow on a small hill. There were people with kids playing in it absolutely unaware. As I ran toward it, I spotted a woman obviously digging a hole to hide in. I yelled out to her as I passed, smiling, "There's a smart woman!" I found a relatively thick spot and dug myself in to it.
As I lay buried in snow, I wondered if I sunk myself in deep enough to be protected from the blast that was coming and if I would have enough air.