Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flood at New Madrid
My husband and I were the only two passengers on a plane that made an emergengy water landing. As the plane came down, I thought we were over an ocean or very large lake e.g. Superior, but when we exited the plane and waded thru 2 ft of water, we could see that we were in heavily flooded farmland as far as the eye could see.We waded to a group of 12 or so people who were standing on a boardwalk huddled over a map - it was raining like mad. We , too,looked at the map to seehow we should proceed to get out of the flood zone. I suddenly realizedthat we were in SE Missouri and turned to my husband to say, "This is New Madrid!" He traced his finger along the NE edge of the state and said, "We can follow the border for110 miles, and that's what we have, $110. Just enough, a dollar per mile." I told him that wedidn't need to worry about money, that we had more in our account and could use an ATM along the way. There was no panic among the people on the boardwalk - more like problem-solving, and althoughin reality ATMs would probably not be available, thepoint seemed to be that money was notan issue and the focus was on "Where to next?" Thought it interesting that in this dream the terra activity at NewMadrid was H2O, rather than earth movement.