Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strikingly unusual
If this dream has bothered me all morning it must have meant something. So here it is, as much as I can recall. I was in a large plain room with a blue industrial type carpet. It was a room to which the public had access. It contained chairs and what looked like partially dismantled devices; I could not tell what kind. They were black. Other people were present, a couple of men and a woman. I was acquainted with the men.

I struggled to find the parts of an experiment I had previously run and to remember how it had been assembled. It was hard to remember and my fingers were not deft. The woman, who was 40-50 and had short curly blonde hair, sat in a black chair next to me. The chair was very elaborate, as if it had been part of a virtual reality setup.

She obstructed me somehow and I hit her in the face, not hard enough to hurt her but definitely enough to be noticed. My inner person was horrified at this act. The woman took notice but not offense. She repeated the obstructing behavior (it had to do with something she said and the way she said it, but I can't remember the details now) and I cuffed her again. My inner person was shocked at this lack of self control.

Then I woke up. Please note, I do not hit people in my dreams (or irl, either). Nor do I worry about lack of self control. I should not have had this dream and have never had another one like it. Typically there is a message, often a pun, in a dream that sticks with me, but I have not yet figured this one out.

"cuffed?" "striking?" "black and blue?" "blew?"
"black cheer (chair)?"

I need to do a little shopping but maybe I'll just stay home.