Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian barbeque
November 11, 2010
I dreamed I was back in college in 1982 sitting in the weekly Thursday student forum. This was spring time and the school was announcing which students would be sent to various humanitarian projects around the world, like teaching English to refugees, working at various archeological digs etc, and that kind of thing.
I lean over to a friend and tell him "They never pick me for these silly things" as it was always the politically connected students who seemed to get in on these junkets for the summer. Then suddenly they call my name to come on stage. So I march up the steps to the stage and the school Eagle1istrator is handing out 1 meter long barbeque sauce brushes, and I am just amazed at the length of these things and he says "these will be your tools for the summer of 2015 in Russia" and he hands me two of them!
I am not sure what barbeque in Russia I am going to in 2015, but I am heartened by the thought that I might be around to be at one.
PS: I've always been good at predicting trends and kind of seeing what's on cusp ahead of everyone else, which served me very well in early in my career. I haven't been able to do that since 2001, I don't seem to be able to see past 2012, its like a wall for me that has been very disconcerting. This is the first dream I have had in ages of something that is past that date.