Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airing out the Dirty Laundry
There is a building in a part of Los Angeles that is particularly iconic for a religious sect I was once a part of 13 years ago. The building was sold off in the early 2000s, but still carries a symbolism for the followers of that belief system as it was the brain child of the founder.
The building itself is a neo-classical building of white quartz embedded concrete pillars with walls veneered in black granite. The building itself is set inside a large moat with elegant grey concrete walkways over the moat. It is very extravagantly decorated inside. Lots of rosewood and Iranian rose onyx.
I found myself outside this building and I could hear one of the leaders of the half dozen or so splinter sects that spun off in the mid 1990s speaking from the stage. This man is quite known for his loud speaking voice and his obsession with human sexuality in its myriad forms and his sermons are usually about sex. In short a highly repressed individual.
As I am listening a man comes up, who I take to be an angel in human form (no wings or anything like that). The granite sides of the building start to swing open like large 50 foot door sections and I can see inside the building and see church people watching the speaker. I ask the man who is standing there "what is going on with the building? Why is it opening up?" He replies to me "I am going to air out this place - its full of compassionless liars, thieves and deviants".
I understood the man's reply about (airing out the place) to be not so much the well meaning membership, but the screwy leaders they look up to. I have not had one of these kind of dreams about that organization since 1995, but of those I had back then they all happened.