Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Communist Takeover
In the dream, the country had been invaded and some areas had already been taken over, by a communist regime. For some reason, we were in some kind of camp before our area was invaded. Someone came and warned us: they were coming tonight, and when they get here, they would NOT be kind.In the women's bunkhouse, we had foam mattresses on the floor. I had a friend from Nicaragua or somewhere beside me on a thinner mattress. Mine was twice as thick, and it was because I was American. Non-Americans were not as privileged. It didn't seem right, or at least, I felt sorry for my friend so I decided to share her thin mattress instead of enjoying my nicer one. My friend's toddler got bit by a spider from sleeping on the floor.A couple of people from Multiply were in the dream, in the bunk next door. It was Iggy and Shadow! I told them I felt safer knowing they were over there (as if they would defend us from armed enemy soldiers, haha.) They had their own individual wooden bunks off the floor.Sometime in the wee hours of the morning, we heard the soldiers arrive. They were blasting their radio on a rock station. They came in the building and tied our wrists to a rope attached to the ceiling. I thought we were going to be left hanging there, but we had something to stand on. After awhile they let us down and then were interviewing us individually.They didn't have uniforms on, just a ragtag army though well-armed. They were mostly in their early twenties and looked like regular guys except for a few who looked criminal. Some of them wore plaid flannel shirts. They saw us as enemies, but I tried to treat them as friends, trying to let the light of Christ shine through me (unworthy vessel though I am). They started being a bit friendlier as they got to know us. Most of them weren't as fierce as we were warned, but some of them were very threatening.In an effort to stay alive and free, I offered to teach them English. For some reason, my Nicaraguan friend looked offended.I was walking through the camp and one soldier called me over to a temporary building they had set up. He wanted to show me something, he said. I was wary, as he was one of the criminal-looking ones. Then he showed me a door to an office and said I could work there if I wanted to. He said I wouldn't have to be outdoors all day and could go to the restroom anytime I wanted. (Gee...I guess I should be grateful, I thought sarcastically. Apparently otherwise we would be on a strict restroom schedule! Such is life under communism.)I guess the guy went and did something else, and there were some Americans just walking away from the camp in broad daylight. Do I dare follow them, after being offered a good job with restroom freedom and everything? I followed long enough to reach a vehicle that we piled into and drove off, up a long winding road.Eventually we reached a 3 way intersection. A couple of men in another vehicle told us if we keep going, we'll get to the city that's being taken over right now. If we turn right, where they were coming from, it goes to a town that was already taken over some time ago. We chose to turn right, as there would be a lot of violence in the other city.We came across an elementary school building, and drove around the parking lot. The windows were all smashed in and there was no one there except an old man behind the building who was scavenging for car parts. We decided not to park there because our vehicle would end up dismantled in no time.The End