Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Inhabit a Living Jewel
Lincoln, NE
I'd been thinking (with disgust) about the state of our global society and the inevitable conclusion if we consciously allow it to continue on its course, our course. I was wishing to be "somewhere else" thinking, next time I would choose another place. I dreamed I was shown and given a trailer experience of different places and life on them. Some were bizarre, some were okay, some very much like us but something was missing - there was lack ranging from minimal to extreme. A flatness and lack of substance. And then I understood; the earth is alive like we are and everything on it. It's a living entity. It is the jewel in the crown of the great experiment. Everything here is alive, has soul, substance (except perhaps us anymore), and I woke up feeling so thankful to be here, and entirely lost as how to continue here. It seems every night I see yet another place and it can't hold a candle to this place even without the senseless wars and terrible economy. Everything here is turned inside out right now, but it's a glorious place when it isn't.