Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trailer gone wild....
This one came true as many of mine do.
The diference is that there are 4 witness' to the fact that I related the dream ahead of the occurance.
The Dream:
I was standing to the side as an observer watching a pickup truck go by pulling a trailer. As the truck passed the trailer became disconnected from the truck, veered left across 2 lanes of oncoming traffic missing all vehicles. Then it ran across a ditch into an overgrown area where it struck a natural gas pipeline station ingniting a large fire.
The Reality: The next morning after the dream.
I met 2 freinds at the local tavern to organize moving another freind of ours. My two freinds left to go get the trailer and I sat there and waited for the freind we were going to move.
In casual conversation with the bartender I brought up the dream. She immediately asked if I had told my friend Raymond, who had just left to get the trailer, about it and I said no.
She said, You know with Raymonds luck that dream will probably happen to him. I realized she may well be right.
The person we were moving called and said she wasn't going to make it to the bar and for us to meet at her place so I left. When I arrived at her place the trailer wasn't there yet. While waiting for the trailer to arrive I told her of the dream. Her response was similar to the bartenders.
Shortly the trailer arrived so I informed Raymond of the dream. He immediately turned and walked to the hitch with me following and sure enough the hitch wasn't latched and the safety chain unsecured.
We secured the latch and chains , then continued with loading and moving, without incident.
One thing to note is that the route we were taking while moving was 4 lanes with a turn lane and the highway is criscrossed with gas pipelines.
It appears that the dream "may" have averted disaster.