Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blackberry Outage and Stock traders
In my dream I was watching some government or institutional crisis center monitoring the Research in Motion Blackberry outage in Europe.
This center looked like a cross between an Internet ISP NOC and a kind of a war room. There were people in there busy watching network traffic and wondering how they could stop the network congestion on the Blackberry Network that resulted from a DDOS attack on a key Blackberry router in Europe.
Someone in the room yelled, "what can we do about this attack from 'We Are Anonymous'? Stock traders use Blackberrys in Europe and North America. Stock traders are pissed because their orders are not going through in time!"
I never made the connection to the We Are Anonymous threat, I don't know if the dream if the dream is true. Stock brokers do like the Blackberry, mostly because of its proprietary encryption and closed network that is not easy to intercept. The timing of the event does fit with the warning they gave. But I've also heard the warning was a bogus warning by someone wanting to bring bad publicity to the OWS protest. I don't know what to make of the dream.